Server Merges and the Lost Names

Romancing your Wookie? Want to share a story about how Lando stabbed you in the back? This is the place.

Moderator: Captains: SWTOR

DarkPowers
X Member

Server Merges and the Lost Names

Post by DarkPowers »

Yesterday they merged the servers down to 8 total for US. 5 on East Coast and 3 on West Coast.

A lot of guilds got renamed whatever @ old-server. That was when there was a naming conflict. However, X Syndicate did not get this. (There can only be one like Highlander I guess).

However, if your name is on the following list, you lost the character name. When people who lost names, their characters got renamed with a number added behind the name. When they log in next time, they will have to be renamed. This is how I can tell by the Guild Roster who lost their names.

Aela
Alexi
Amaya
Armageddon
Atesh
Atrox
Ayla
Banned (not sure if this was a name or someone who actually got banned)
Doogie
Dune
Ezria
Fade
Fienna
Grandma
Haliax
Kushi
Liara
Lightbringer
Lister
Mayce
Mccheez
Meck
Olosnah
One
Peter
Praytor
Prototype
Prydain
Ravioli
Rhagar
Rodgers
Scarlett
Seven
Shepard
Shinoko
Shujin
Stormdragon
Suri
Sway
Syree
Teech
Unstable
Veira
Volk

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

Dang..... lost my liara :( lol can i log in and get her back? just because no one else should have her!

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

Only way of getting a name back is if whoever got the name, deletes the character unfortunately.

Also I might have been able to keep Cataclysm if I didn't jump the gun and transfer early on that one. It doesn't seem like who got the name first was the only factor. And Bioware is not revealing how it was determined.

If I remember right, Weap, weren't you in the first day of pre-order people and reserving names for others? I got in on the third day first wave and I know you were in before me. But people on the forums are not happy because they are saying they were in the first wave of day 1 and lost names they had since then.

Oh and I didn't transfer Trojan early but when I went to Pot5 to see if it was available early, it said it wasn't. But after what they did, I got to keep that name.

FireSpot
X Member

Post by FireSpot »

lol this game sucks. The co-founders of Bioware both left because the failure of this game destroyed them.

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

FireSpot wrote:lol this game sucks. The co-founders of Bioware both left because the failure of this game destroyed them.
I think the Mass Effect 3 backlash also played a role.

It's funny but when people were complaining about Dragon Age 2, how ironic it is now that DA2 might be the best game they did in the last 3.

Well, DA2 with the Legacy DLC. Legacy was how the whole game should have been made. But we should have seen the slide back down with Mark of the Assassin there. I got both DLCs free with free XBL points and Assassin was so bad I had an urge to demand some money back.

Don't be surprised in a few years they come back with a new company and make claims it was all EA's fault.

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

dude, why are you playing this game?

lol

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

St.John wrote:dude, why are you playing this game?

lol
I'm a glutton for punishment? :oops:

Or may be because I figured may as well spend 20 dollars for the CE still at the local Gamestop. Yes that shows how far it's fallen when the once 180 dollar CE is now dirt cheap at GS. And it was sitting there so long the guy had to blow the dust off the box.

And it came with 30 days.