Free To Play

Romancing your Wookie? Want to share a story about how Lando stabbed you in the back? This is the place.

Moderator: Captains: SWTOR

DarkPowers
X Member

Free To Play

Post by DarkPowers »

It's now old news but no thread about it exists here. TOR is going full F2P.

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

That pretty much means it's dead at this point.

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

It was dead before it was released but no one knew it until you hit max level :P lol.

Nice. I might go fart around with it if i don't have to pay for it.... not sure why though.

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

I can finish leveling when I'm bored

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

Veritoff
X Member

Post by Veritoff »

Benoit wrote:I can finish leveling when I'm bored
haha, same here. I think I was just shy of 50 too.

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

And now tomorrow is forced server merges. Unlike the earlier free transfers, they said guilds will transfer this time. One character I already moved and now I learn I could have kept the character there and just wait it out.

But Cataclysm is on the new server now and called Telepath (with CoX dying I figured I'd keep the best name I got late in the game there). Someone already had the name Cataclysm on the new server.

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

WeaponX wrote:It was dead before it was released but no one knew it until you hit max level :P lol.

Nice. I might go fart around with it if i don't have to pay for it.... not sure why though.
Benoit wrote:I can finish leveling when I'm bored
The F2P thing is on their test server now. If it goes live as they have it set up now, you two won't be there long. The amount of things you'll have to buy in the store just to play will make you sick.

You have to pay to wear or use purple items. (Even that worthless preorder crystal)
You have to pay to have more than one quickbar on your UI.
and the list goes on.

Boom
Site Admin

Post by Boom »

lol

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

Boom wrote:lol
3 hours after I posted that, they made small changes. I was going to just edit my post but since Boom put the lol in here, I'll make a new one. :D

Free-to-Play players will now get a second quickslot bar.
Free-to-Play players will now be able to do 5 Warzones per week instead of 3. (Yes, I didn't mention that they were only going to let free players do 3 WZ's a week, along with 3 space missions a week. But the space mission limit is actually not a bad thing since people won't see how poorly done they were if they could do so few).

Those who remember the crafting in the game how you needed 3 things to craft. The crafting skill, the two to gather the items for crafting with one having items you can't get in the field. Well, free players only can get 1 skill. So either gather for someone else or put on the AH, or get a skill to make something and have to pay for the items from someone else on the AH.

Weap always struck me as a guy who UI and PvP are important. Limiting the UI and PvP probably won't work too well with him IMO lol. And logging in to see all purple items being locked until purchase of authorization to wear/use them, I just can't see anyone returning will be happy with this to want to resub again.

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

Weap pvp's for gear then quits, his UI can be one button.

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

St.John wrote:Weap pvp's for gear then quits, his UI can be one button.
Unless he wants to pay for the "authorization" he can't even get the gear because it's purple items in it. So he may as well stay "quit". :D

But there was a thread around here a long time ago, he mentioned something about UI and how it read, it seemed like it was important part of gaming to him by the comment.

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

I was just f^cking with him lol. He used a lot add-ons in WoW. I only used a boss loot list add-on, it was my 3 key, left and right mouse buttons was to pick up loots. I used a race car peddle from Logitech to move forward.

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

lol

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

lol.

Btw, the news changed again.

They will now have a premium status that all former subs will fall in. This news of a premium was around but they didn't clarify what it would be until late yesterday/early today.

They get 2 quickbars. So now he can have 2 buttons, St. :D

All purple items that were bound at the time sub ends, will still be able to use. Basically no new purple items but ones you have won't be ripped from you.

Any legacy unlocks will remain unlocked so new characters that were limited to human, cyborg, or zabrak can be others at creation you already unlocked with legacy. (Basically having a level 50 of a race for those who left before legacy was added). You can buy the unlocks in the store for real world money too if you're that hard on wanting one of another race and can't level to 50.

and other things. Copy paste from site.
As a Preferred Status Player, you will gain the following benefits compared to Free-to-Play Players:
• The Sprint ability at Level 1
• Access to your Cargo Hold (an 80 item Player Bank)
• Access to Secure Trade (starting at level 10)
• The ability to send Mail, including one (1) attachment
• Increased allowance for chat message frequencies in Public chat channels (such as /general)
• An increased Credits Cap
• Access to the Who List
• Three (3) additional Sale Slots on the Galactic Trade Network (for a total of 5)
• One (1) additional active Crew Skill Slot (for a total of 2)
• Reduced skill point respecialization costs
• Increased Server queue priority

In addition to the above benefits, Subscribers who return as Preferred Status Players will find that they retain any Cargo Hold and Inventory expansions they had unlocked, any Legacy Unlock or Perk they have gained (including Species) and can continue to use any Artifact equipment that was bound to them previously.