It's quiet...too quiet

Romancing your Wookie? Want to share a story about how Lando stabbed you in the back? This is the place.

Moderator: Captains: SWTOR

Mace
X Member

It's quiet...too quiet

Post by Mace »

So in the past 3 weeks I've logged in to level and each time I have been the only one in the guild online. What gives?

FireSpot
X Member

Post by FireSpot »

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

Mace when do you play? I haven't canceled yet.. but its just hard to log in. Maybe if I had a reason :P

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

I promoted Ben to Council like a month ago, looks like he hasn't been doing his job of recruiting and leading raids. It's time for a review of his performance as an officer.

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

lol

Mace
X Member

Post by Mace »

I play at random due to my combined work and college schedule. If I'm lucky, I might play once a week during the semester.

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

I play about every other day or so. Going really casual. I have very little interest in end game.

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

I play about 9 hours a day with Seether's Sith guild.

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

At this point in time (with the newness factor gone) it's safe for everyone to admit this game sucks (past lvl49) without looking like a Debbie Downer.

I did play a random war zone today and I got 3k valor instead of 1k for winning...lol. That's great for casuals but fail for people that actually had to grind to rank 60. Casuals QQ about gear being hard to get(though this game is easy mode), blame people that grind for it having an unfair advantage and being "losers that sit in a basement all day", then are all smiles when the Dev's give out welfare gear (making them the real loot whores imo).

"The Old Republic", rename to "The Old Communist".

http://youtu.be/YfGZVYnof6k

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

I can say that if the pvp was more robust I would probably still be enjoying it. But with 3 maps + one huge fail of a pvp experience on illum it just wears out. I still miss the days when the fun factor of a game wasn't directly tied to gear.

Think about EF for a sec.. we played Voy2 probably 5,000 times. Yet it was still fun. Why? There wasn't gear.. it was based on your skill and understanding of the games mechanics. The teams that did great were the ones that could work together and/or had the best 1v1 players all on one team.

I'd love to see a game come out that has nothing to do with gear but just a fun experience in a mystical land with ponies.

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

Mace
X Member

Post by Mace »

Cancelled.

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

WeaponX wrote:I can say that if the pvp was more robust I would probably still be enjoying it. But with 3 maps + one huge fail of a pvp experience on illum it just wears out. I still miss the days when the fun factor of a game wasn't directly tied to gear.

Think about EF for a sec.. we played Voy2 probably 5,000 times. Yet it was still fun. Why? There wasn't gear.. it was based on your skill and understanding of the games mechanics. The teams that did great were the ones that could work together and/or had the best 1v1 players all on one team.

I'd love to see a game come out that has nothing to do with gear but just a fun experience in a mystical land with ponies.
Everyone has had same gear in SWTOR once they started giving out 15/7 badges from bags. Full BattleMaster gives a person maybe 400 more HP and 1% more Expertise, it's fluff epeen gear like 2200 rated gear in WoW. People still whined about "omg I'm getting rocked by people with full battlemaster" and now they get it basically for free. It's not difficult to kill an average player in this game naked. If they gave away the best gear from the beginning I wouldn't care, making me grind for it then giving it away literally a month later kinda blows. I think I quit before that change tho, this is more of a nail in the coffin.

No one is even talking about the endgame PvE in this game, the main part of the MMO, it sucks that bad or it's that easy.

man EF is so ugly lol

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

The real question: Does anyone even know WHERE the end game content is? lol....

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

back on the bus, forgot how pimp my transmog gear looks. let me know if anyone needs a scroll of rez, lawlz