How do I get promoted!?!

Romancing your Wookie? Want to share a story about how Lando stabbed you in the back? This is the place.

Moderator: Captains: SWTOR

WeaponX
X Member

How do I get promoted!?!

Post by WeaponX »

X Syndicate Ranking System

X has always tried to abide by a simple principle: ranks don't mean anything between friends. Because we strive to make relationships more important than "following orders" we have always felt that ranks within the guild should serve more as a "volunteer" position of service than a rank of command. Ranks were especially unnecessary when we were primarily an FPS clan. However, in the MMO world we see ranks as a label that distinguishes who is leading some aspect of the guild.

Every member of X will always have a say in everything we do. We're all on the same level in those regards. However, the fact remains that some decisions need a "tie breaking" decision and those situations will be handled between people who have spent more time IN X and SERVING X. These are the only "ranks" in X. More of a system of seniority when it boils down to the hard decisions that must be made.

This is reflected in our ranking system.

So before asking, "how can I get promoted?" ask yourself, "what can I offer the guild that would be of great service." Again, the ranks themselves don't mean much. It's the respect you gain from serving the guild that adds the extra weight to the things you say. So if you want to get "promoted" start setting up some events, get involved helping other members, and just let us have a chance to get to know you!

Here are our current ranks: Customized for Star Wars yo!

Guild Master - Some scrub who bosses everyone around and thinks way to highly of himself.

Council - These are members who serve in a "council" capacity within the guild to solve disputes or make tie breaking decisions. They have either been in the guild for a long time (some up to 11 years!) represent members from a guild that has merged with us, or have been nominated for a specific purpose.

Master - These are members who are setting up events, running raids, pvp groups, or somehow serving the guild in a "group" capacity. To be considered for a Council position you must first be a Master.

Knight - These are our X members! This will be the core of the group, the backbone, the proud. You have a voice so make it heard.

Padawan - If you want to advance out of the lowest rank in the guild make sure to sign up on our website and interact with other X's.

You never need to ask for a promotion. Instead, make yourself so valuable to the group that we can't help but promote you!

We're glad you decided to make X your guild. Let's make this the best guild on the server!

Here are our current Master positions that we are looking to fill and the responsibilities involved. If you are interested please let us know here! We will add more positions as they become needed.

Operations Master (2 Positions Available) - Set up and organize raids for the guild. Ideally we would have two different groups raiding throughout the week on different nights as to give the guild options.

Warzone Master (2 Positions Available) Set up organized warzone activities. Pre-made pvp gives us an advantage over PUG's.

Flashpoint Master (2 Positions Available) Set up guild runs for flashpoints and/or alt leveling nights.

Party Master (2 Positions Available) Set up parties! But seriously, we can games such as "Races" internal lotteries, etc. All in the name of fun. If you enjoy putting together functions and games this is for you.

If you are interested in one of these positions post here and we'll set you up.

Capacity

Pvp And Raid Leader

Post by Capacity »

Im down for leading raids and Pvp if anyone has any objections i shall kill you! but seriously if you object lemme know, Peace :D

Mace
X Member

Post by Mace »

8)

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

hahahahahaha

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

I already mentioned doing an alt leveling night before this was even posted. So guess that says something.