problems redeeming registration code

Romancing your Wookie? Want to share a story about how Lando stabbed you in the back? This is the place.

Moderator: Captains: SWTOR

Veritoff
X Member

problems redeeming registration code

Post by Veritoff »

So I just finished downloading the game and went to the swtor user account to redeem my registration code. For some reason though, I get the message: this code has already been used. I used this code to get the game downloaded, but for some reason it won't allow me to use it on the site? am I missing something?

FireSpot
X Member

Post by FireSpot »

I think they're in the process of updating their site.

I added my product code a few weeks ago, but everything on my account page is locked, and I get the same thing you got when I enter the code under this new "Redeem Product Registration Code" thing. "Product key has already been entered"

I think to test whether or not they accepted your product key...
- Under 'My Account', check under 'code redemption' link. It should say whether or not your product key was redeemed.
12.01.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch
12.01.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order

Veritoff
X Member

Post by Veritoff »

Yeh, I got what you have under the code redemption history. I sent a report into support to get a further understanding as to why I am getting that response. I assume we will be unable to get any early access without this code submitted. (not that I would be getting much early access anyway purchasing online just a couple days ago)

FireSpot
X Member

Post by FireSpot »

Nah, I think they're just updating their sites ui, and the codes we entered will reflect that soon under the "Redeemed Registration code" soon with a check mark. At least that better be the case...

Or they'll unlock everything and add the check mark themselves once the game launches / or u get accepted into early access.

Mace
X Member

Post by Mace »

I have the same issue. We'll see...

Veritoff
X Member

Post by Veritoff »

Well, I got the email that my saga begins. We will see if the code will work now. Unfortunately, that won't happen for another 7+ hours.

Psartryn
X Member

Post by Psartryn »

I just got my code today, I don't think I was supposed to get it until the 20th, but it went in, so Yay.

Veritoff
X Member

Post by Veritoff »

good stuff. Looking forward to going home and getting a taste.

Boom
Site Admin

Post by Boom »

I got a separate code today from Origin. Assuming you used Origin, the serial number is the one you're needing.
Here's the email I got.
Thank you for ordering from Origin Store. The product that you pre-ordered is now available.

Order ID: ########
Product ID: ###########
Product Name: STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition
Serial Number: ####-####-####-####-####

Your purchase has now been processed. To redeem your Product Registration Code:

1) Go to www.swtor.com/redeem/game

2) Click "Redeem Your Product Registration Code" (You will be prompted to log in or create a STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ account if needed.)

3) Enter and confirm your Product Registration Code (the 20-digit code seen above) when prompted.

4) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your registration.

5) Install the game and begin playing*.

Veritoff
X Member

Post by Veritoff »

Boom wrote:I got a separate code today from Origin. Assuming you used Origin, the serial number is the one you're needing.
Here's the email I got.
Thank you for ordering from Origin Store. The product that you pre-ordered is now available.

Order ID: ########
Product ID: ###########
Product Name: STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition
Serial Number: ####-####-####-####-####

Your purchase has now been processed. To redeem your Product Registration Code:

1) Go to www.swtor.com/redeem/game

2) Click "Redeem Your Product Registration Code" (You will be prompted to log in or create a STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ account if needed.)

3) Enter and confirm your Product Registration Code (the 20-digit code seen above) when prompted.

4) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your registration.

5) Install the game and begin playing*.
Yes sir, I got the same email. I was able to create 2 characters tonight.

I think I already spotted a bug... One of my Jedi teachers was temporarily 3 inches tall and was invisible when she was sitting in a chair.

SuriCruise
X Member

Post by SuriCruise »

LOL Yeah that bug was in the beta..... But I did not see it in the early access. So it must be some random thing.

Veritoff
X Member

Post by Veritoff »

At first, I thought we had a jedi imp in our meeting. That would have been badass!