Bring The Old Controller Night Idea to SWTOR?

Romancing your Wookie? Want to share a story about how Lando stabbed you in the back? This is the place.

Moderator: Captains: SWTOR

DarkPowers
X Member

Bring The Old Controller Night Idea to SWTOR?

Post by DarkPowers »

Back a long, long time ago in a game far, far away, X had Controller Night in CoH then later got Dominator/Corruptor night on the villain side with CoV.

Maybe we should have a Bounty Hunter night on a server normally not used in SWTOR. Too bad max teaming is 4. But in CoX when we reached max team size we had a team 2, team 3, etc still running together and just communicated on the SG channel.

And for those that don't remember or didn't take part in that, we'd play one night a week on that other server and whoever was the highest level that was the "weekly level cap". And we all leveled up one class together. I suggest Hunters because even those who missed out the night but did their own to the weekly cap, they'd have Mako to help them along since she heals.

Psartryn
X Member

Post by Psartryn »

But let's only do it on the weekend, so the little people can join in.

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

In CoX, it was Tuesday I think and it died because too many people had work the next day. Dom/Corr was Wednesdays and same thing. The logic at the start was to not have this impede on people's playtime too much but in the end that caused it's downfall as real life interfered a lot.

It would be good to try it on weekends this time around but not make it take up too much time as some people may not want their main to be this class and weekends is when most can get in their time. BH wasn't going to be my main although I played it in beta and it moved up my list. It gets some nice dialogue options like smuggler. lol Not quite as good as smuggler dialogue options but pretty close. :)

But any input on a good day/time, go ahead and post it. I'm pretty open and will try to adjust. Plus unlike CoX, we have to think PvP/PvE server. Because it wouldn't be a fast level up but more of just casual guild only running, I'd say PvE so we wouldn't be getting ganked in a few weeks. lol But that's just my suggestion. :)

Dash_Sixxkiller

Post by Dash_Sixxkiller »

Sounds great. I am down for weekend. Especially since its winter. I'am a home body during the winter. Besides since i had a , What the doctors chalked it up to be a seizure 2 weeks ago, I cant drive for 6 months :cry: . So that gives me grounds to play my but off.

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
Albert Einstein

27 Lemurs

Post by 27 Lemurs »

Dash_Sixxkiller wrote:Sounds great. I am down for weekend. Especially since its winter. I'am a home body during the winter. Besides since i had a , What the doctors chalked it up to be a seizure 2 weeks ago, I cant drive for 6 months :cry: . So that gives me grounds to play my but off.
Sorry to hear about that :( It is a damn good excuse though, lol way to look on the positive side.

And yea, I'm down for whichever class. I don't have a set schedule yet either so any time would be fine with me

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

This idea wasn't forgotten btw. It's just slightly postponed because everyone is trying to get their main to 50 at least.

Dash_Sixxkiller

Yea i have been slacking lately the doc has changed my meds to something a little bit stronger. So it kinda of makes me a little bit loopy at night, until my body adjust. I plan on doing a marathon this weekend to try and level up as much as i can see you guys Friday night....

Albert Einstein

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

Dash_Sixxkiller wrote:Yea i have been slacking lately the doc has changed my meds to something a little bit stronger. So it kinda of makes me a little bit loopy at night, until my body adjust. I plan on doing a marathon this weekend to try and level up as much as i can see you guys Friday night....
Once I hit cap whether I'm done with the story or not, I'll help anyone who needs help through any part of their story. I'm 48 now so it will be Soon™ :D

Dash_Sixxkiller

DarkPowers wrote:
Dash_Sixxkiller wrote:Yea i have been slacking lately the doc has changed my meds to something a little bit stronger. So it kinda of makes me a little bit loopy at night, until my body adjust. I plan on doing a marathon this weekend to try and level up as much as i can see you guys Friday night....
Once I hit cap whether I'm done with the story or not, I'll help anyone who needs help through any part of their story. I'm 48 now so it will be Soon™ :D
Congrats: That would be awesome, if you want to finish the story go ahead i'll be pulling an all niter any way. But if you get bored i would love the company, the game seems to be more enjoyable when your playing friends. i'll be on vent or chat either way.

Albert Einstein