TF2 Exists!

See an FPS that isn't listed here? Start a thread about it.

FireSpot
X Member

Post by FireSpot »

With the orange box($45) you actually are saving $15, instead of buying EP2($30) and TF2($30) separately. Plus, you're getting HL2 + EP1 (which you can give to someone) and Portal.

So, Chic Fil A's on you then? :)

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

This may be a dumb question but do you get to download all those games off Steam when you purchase the "Orange Box" or do they send you the Discs? I was about to buy it off Steam but it wouldn't say if the entire "Orange Box" package was gonna be downloaded into my computer or if they were gonna send the games through the mail where I might receive anthrax laced envelopes or an acid bomb like Bjork.
[img:15f1ed8b83]http://i64.tinypic.com/2dukwep.jpg[/img:15f1ed8b83]

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

St.John wrote:This may be a dumb question but do you get to download all those games off Steam when you purchase the "Orange Box" or do they send you the Discs? I was about to buy it off Steam but it wouldn't say if the entire "Orange Box" package was gonna be downloaded into my computer or if they were gonna send the games through the mail where I might receive anthrax laced envelopes or an acid bomb like Bjork.
Yes. :roll: :wink:

Dr. Letharga
X Member

Post by Dr. Letharga »

St.John wrote:This may be a dumb question but do you get to download all those games off Steam when you purchase the "Orange Box" or do they send you the Discs? I was about to buy it off Steam but it wouldn't say if the entire "Orange Box" package was gonna be downloaded into my computer or if they were gonna send the games through the mail where I might receive anthrax laced envelopes or an acid bomb like Bjork.
You download them. You don't get physical copies, but it's not like you need to. Once the games are attached to your Steam account, they're yours forever and you can download them repeatedly.

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

Thanks, wonder how long this will take lol.

Weap why are you worried over $15.00 when a 1st place finish in a major league championship probably pays into the 5 figures for the entire team...and that's not including the sponsorships. You make TEH MONEY$ NOT LOSE ANY!!!

I wonder what happened to Bear/Straw, you think he would be pumped for this.

Fierce Blaze
X Member

Post by Fierce Blaze »

St.John wrote:Thanks, wonder how long this will take lol.

Weap why are you worried over $15.00 when a 1st place finish in a major league championship probably pays into the 5 figures for the entire team...and that's not including the sponsorships. You make TEH MONEY$ NOT LOSE ANY!!!

I wonder what happened to Bear/Straw, you think he would be pumped for this.
Also, one of the benefits of steam is that you can pre-download the games before they are unlocked so you'll be ready when that day comes. I think the only thing you can pre-download now is TF2 so be sure to double click that in your steam games list to start the pre-download. It probably took me a few hours to download last night.

Fierce Blaze
X Member

Post by Fierce Blaze »

WeaponX wrote:It's the principal of the matter!!!

Guess I could always give the game to someone....
The funny thing is, if they had just left out HL2 ad Ep1 and charged $45 for just TF2/Portal/Ep2 there wouldn't be so many people complaining about it.

Boom
Site Admin

Post by Boom »

lol, probably so

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

Downloaded and installed it hehe. I hope your happy Spot.

HoffenKill

Post by HoffenKill »

WeaponX wrote:Downloaded and installed it hehe. I hope your happy Spot.
Same here jerks.

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

Downloading now :roll: :wink:

Fade
X Member

Post by Fade »

download is taking forever for me...

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

So I finally was able to play, played a few matches and it was a ton of fun. Then I went to change my screen resolution in the options menu and that messed everything up and now I get an error message everytime I try to launch the game. I get it fixed though, I think the game will be a lot of fun! :roll: :wink:

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

I tried to change the settings to and it crashed.

Fierce Blaze
X Member

Post by Fierce Blaze »

Mine was crashing when I tried to play this morning before going to work. A quick read of the steam forums revealed that placing a -window in the launch options would at least get it to run in a window. I didn't have time to tinker with it much though so I was just trying to get it to play.

I only got to play for about 15 minutes but so far I really like it.