TF2 Exists!

See an FPS that isn't listed here? Start a thread about it.

Fierce Blaze
X Member

TF2 Exists!

Post by Fierce Blaze »

The end is nigh!

I know some of you guys here are into FPS games and I'm sure most have heard about TF2 over the past 7 years it has supposedly been in development.

Story on Gamespot

Pic Valve released of the TF2 classes.

Frost
Site Admin

Post by Frost »

I wonder if those people who pre-ordered back when it was first announced are mad that it's coming with Episode 2... ;)

Fierce Blaze
X Member

Post by Fierce Blaze »

Heh, I was thinking about that. There was a guy in one of my TFC clans that had pre-ordered TF2 back in like 2000-2001 from EBgames I think. I wonder if he ever cancelled it and got his money back. I can't see those pre-orders being good from that long ago.

Arctic Tempest
X Member

Post by Arctic Tempest »

I'm not holding my breath but I will play this if it comes around. I loved TFC so much. I was part of =AA= the Alien Armada sponsored by Alienware for a good bit until a group of us became sucked into EQ.
Arctic Friction - 50 Ice/Energy Tank
Arctic Tempest - 50 Ice/Storm Controller
Atomic Blizzard - 50 Ice/Rad Controller
Toxic Quill - 50 Spines/Regen Scrapper
Obsidian Alloy - 35 Claws/Regen Scrapper

Fierce Blaze
X Member

Post by Fierce Blaze »

I'm actually at the point of holding my breath now. Valve is supposed to release a video sometime at the end of this week.

Beer w/Straw
X Member

Post by Beer w/Straw »

Think that it may be crusty though?

I have half life: source on steam and I didn't install half life (I don't think you can on steam anyway.) I fired up a server and played the map data core, which I think hl2dm steamlabs was modeled after, and it did look like half life, not half life 2.

Then this alien got on my server and I was like "WTF I didn't know this was online" I couldn't avail at une-crowbar-smahsness because my settup was not inverted mouse Yet thats another story. However, he looked half life crusty as well.

I mean, a game that was brainstormed in the 90's? You might want to prepare yourself for an upset... Would valve release something to delibirately take the steam out of the
Fortress Forever mod?

All in all, Team fortress is a classic,one of my friends was ecstatic about it in q1

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... =zeitgeist

Frost
Site Admin

Post by Frost »

It's been completly reworked and re-coded since it was announced. They're not going to release a game using the half life engine and graphics and call it new... Half Life: Source was an extra.

Something tells me you didn't click the picture link...

Beer w/Straw
X Member

Post by Beer w/Straw »

http://www.steampowered.com/Steam/Marke ... ress_2.jpg

This?

It looked cartoony compared to some of the realism that can be done with the hl2 engine.

Which got me to guessing that, it might be that way as to not conflict with what fortress forever might have in store.

Frost
Site Admin

Post by Frost »

Cartoony is good. TF, at least TFC has never been about realalism. I wouldn't want ultra real models anyway.

Beer w/Straw
X Member

Post by Beer w/Straw »

Actually, that link I bet shows exactly how the characters would look. So it'll probably be fun :)

Fierce Blaze
X Member

Post by Fierce Blaze »

Valve can't go along with what they originally had planned for TF2 since the market is flooded with tactical shooters and ww2 based games/mods. BF2 is basically what TF2 was supposed to be, more or less.

I'm glad Valve went away from that direction. Also, from the Steam news it says that TF2 is supposed to have some of the best graphics for a Source based game yet.

There's supposed to be a video released over the weekend that's going to show TF2.

Beer w/Straw
X Member

Post by Beer w/Straw »

Well here's were I got an inkling of crusty...

Half Life deathmatch: source

G-Man with a fro

http://www.x-syndicate.com/images/gallery/415.jpg

and the link of the classes pic too.

Fierce Blaze
X Member

Post by Fierce Blaze »

The video is supposed to be released today at 11am Pacific Time.

Fierce Blaze
X Member

Post by Fierce Blaze »

The video was released. You can see it here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eO0viG8L5s

Kinda disappointed there wasn't any actual in game gameplay but the graphics looks incredible. There is some post production work in the video but a lot of it appears to be the in game graphics.

Beer w/Straw
X Member

Post by Beer w/Straw »

I could see myself playing that for six hours straight as a scout.

Can't wait to die 10 000 times and not care but keep running.