Quake 4 patch 1.1 Beta

See an FPS that isn't listed here? Start a thread about it.

GaNgSTaR

Quake 4 patch 1.1 Beta

Post by GaNgSTaR »

Latest Quake 4 patch guys. GO HERE

this looks like it fixes a LOT of things. And of course those with Dual Core/MP/HT systems get a free boost.

Here are some fixes.

* The serverInfo command will now report more accurate data.
* After playing a Multiplayer game and disconnecting, the Game Browser will be displayed instead of the Main Menu.
* Name coloring in team game death messages is now disabled.
* The variables pm_bobpitch, pm_bobroll, pm_bobup, pm_crouchbob, pm_runbob, pm_runpitch, pm_runroll and pm_walkbob are no longer cheat protected.
* The dedicated server executable no longer requires a sound card or a pixel shader-capable video card.
* With Weapon Stay enabled, a notifying sound will play when running over a weapon you already possess.
* Player spawn code has been adjusted to mimic the spawn style of Quake III Team Arena.
* Strafe-jumping on stairs is smoother.
* When under 25 health, the player will hear a different pain grunt to indicate that health is especially low.
* Increased the volume of the sound that plays when you hit an opponent in Multiplayer.
* Slightly increased the volume of other player's Lightning Gun and Railgun hum noises to make them easier to hear.
* Spectators will no longer be counted as "on a team" for auto-balancing purposes.
* The CTF "Defense" award has been adjusted to provide the achievement within a larger radius from any team flag and enemy flags carried by a teammate.
* Improved Gametype selections to properly display the appropriate map types in the map selection pane of the Create Server menu.
* Adjusted the text "You are not ready" when ready mode is enabled so that it is more obvious to players.
* Spectator players will only see chat messages from other spectators, and will not see team chat.
I still pwn a very large piece of your @$$

GaNgSTaR

Post by GaNgSTaR »

Ok, don't do this if you want to see a LOT of servers. Only servers running this patch will work with this game. I only see like 40 servers out there. So be warned. Also, it is smoother. I feel more like Quake 3 then before. My FPS is up some, and even tends to break 70 on MP maps. So, while it does this very quickly I never saw it before.

GL and HF. :D

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

w00t awesome. I'll give it a shot :D I loved Q4 but wished more peopel played it. Maybe this will make things smoother.

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

w00t awesome. I'll give it a shot :D I loved Q4 but wished more peopel played it. Maybe this will make things smoother.

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

LOL QUAN I LOVE UR AVATAR!!11!

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

[SEA]KwanDuw wrote:w00t awesome. I'll give it a shot :D I loved Q4 but wished more peopel played it. Maybe this will make things smoother.
LOL you jerk :D and I agree with Ben, your avatar rules LOL. That is so incredibly random

GaNgSTaR

Post by GaNgSTaR »

The second part of that avatar looks familiar. But I can't remember from what show or movie it was from.

Fierce Blaze
X Member

Post by Fierce Blaze »

The Goonies.

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

Dude thats Chunk!!! :roll: :wink: