Star Trek Online

See an MMO that isn't listed here? Start a thread about it.
WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

Winona, "St... why won't you play STO with me..."

Beer w/Straw
X Member

Post by Beer w/Straw »

He'd go AFK every 5 minutes to hump his pillow.

I did that with EF BTW.

Seether
X Member

Post by Seether »

800 thread count is a much smoother experience than 300 count.... So.. don't go cheap..
(`'·.¸(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ ~ ¸.·'´)¸.·'´)¸.·'´)
«´·.¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸,.~X~.,¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸.·`»
(¸.·'´(¸.·'´(¸.·'´ ~ `'·.¸)`'·.¸)`'·.¸)

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

WeaponX wrote:Image

Winona, "St... why won't you play STO with me..."

I thought you were playing, you lie JUST LIKE WINONA. I BET SHE ANSWERED MY 3 PAGE LETTER 14 YEARS AGO AND IT GOT LOST IN THE POST OFFICE.

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

Seether wrote:PeeVeePee.... some Raidisodes and help out other folks with their leveling...
And a link on IGN says the Infected patch is tomorrow. http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14270158/ ... 22310.html and notice the date at the end of the trailer.

I saw this survey link yesterday but was meh about doing it until I saw on the forums that you get 240 CP for doing it. Basically the cost of unlocking a fed Klink. But I liked beating down the Klink in PvP but I guess it's fine to let a few survive. ;) http://www.startrekonline.com/survey

Do the survey to basically pay for unlocking fed-side Klinks or save it for later.

LaVaG0D
X Member

Post by LaVaG0D »

Who is all playing? I purchased the game but didn't play past the beta.

Seether
X Member

Post by Seether »

Still playing.. enjoying it quite a bit. Looking forward to the major patch dropping on the 25th.
(`'·.¸(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ ~ ¸.·'´)¸.·'´)¸.·'´)
«´·.¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸,.~X~.,¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸.·`»
(¸.·'´(¸.·'´(¸.·'´ ~ `'·.¸)`'·.¸)`'·.¸)

LaVaG0D
X Member

Post by LaVaG0D »

I was thinking about playing but I just finally quit wow. I'm enjoying the idea of not playing an MMO for awhile

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

When Star Trek Online was launched back on February 2nd, Cryptic Studios touted that they had over 1 million pre-orders and subscribers across their Cryptic Network.

It has now been revealed by Jack Emmert in an interview with "The Big Freaking Podcast" that Star Trek Online now has just a hair over 100,000 subscribers, a drop of almost 90% compared to the launch day numbers.

It is no secret that Star Trek Online has not lived up to the expectations of many players - in fact, even I am not playing the game very much (I haven't logged on for over a month at this stage) - however, when you consider that Age of Conan or Warhammer Online have 300,000+ subscribers, Star Trek Online really is struggling!

That hasn't been stopping Cryptic from moving ahead at full steam with new content all over the place, so hopefully, in six months time, the game will be a very different beast compared to what it is now and maybe, just maybe, it will start creeping up in those subscriber ratings again.

Listen to the interview at http://thebigfreaks.com/?p=263

Scooby Doo
X Member

Post by Scooby Doo »

I'm still mostly enjoying it for now. I've played a tactical officer and an engineer to the level cap already and am now working on a science officer. Didn't miss any content on the way up on either character and everything is looking really familiar the third time around. The only things I haven't done in the game is make a Klingon-faction character (not enough slots to spend on them and they're about 95% pvp, which, while some people live for it, isn't my thing.) and the two task forces which are level-cap only against the Borg.

Been telling myself that once I have a level-capped member of each class, I'll re-think whether my 15 bucks a month keeps going to this game but I'm pretty sure I've already decided, unfortunately.

With only three character slots per account without buying more with real money (even that being limited to just two more, I think,) I'm pretty sure I'm almost done with STO. Limiting the character slots like they have has really hamstrung my playstyle- that and I've seen that the content is all the same. The approach to every mission is the same whether I'm playing my tactical, my engineer, or my science officer. Only difference is one or two powers each, but overall, it's pretty much just 'shoot that which moves until it stops moving then go through it's pockets looking for loose change.'

Every mission in the game, whether it's an away mission or a ship mission, draws from three options:
1. Blow up 5 or 6 enemy squadrons/units
2. Find and click on 4-6 glowies
3. Combine options 1 and 2

Not sure what it is that's different, but CoX kept me busy for over 5 years and I never ran out of things to do- hit level cap, make a new character, do it again. CO is a bit content-lite, but it's keeping me occupied now as well. STO, however, is just making my "Fire all weapons" finger sore from over-use.
Wassy wrote:I would do Frost and Scooby purely for its high torture factor.

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

Scoobs, I'm pretty sure they could give you 10 slots and you'd fill them in a week with max leveled dudes lol.

Mace
X Member

Post by Mace »

installing again....bored

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

lol :P

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

Mace wrote:installing again....bored
Scoobs returned again. Darrk has been in there quite a bit too. I've slowed down my Rift time for this and GuildWars. GW time is trying to get more stuff earned for GW2. So far just 23 out of 50.

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=main ... MIAAAAAAAA

Mace
X Member

Post by Mace »

I'm an admiral now. Got my Sovereign & Prometheus class ships. :o I don't see playing it as long as I played wow but it's been fun to run through the updated content. Space combat is decent and the ground combat has been improved so it isn't annoying. I see SWTOR and planetside 2 in my future.