Star Trek Online

See an MMO that isn't listed here? Start a thread about it.
Scooby Doo
X Member

Post by Scooby Doo »

DarkPowers wrote:I think Scoobs set it as invite only.
Can't have wX getting in un-invited.....I didn't lock up the baby lotion or the nachos.

Props to the STO people for getting both Quinto and Nimoy to do voiceovers. Not enough to make me want to play the game outside of beta (it's a good game so far, but Star Trek, despite being a Trek fan, isn't what I want in an MMO,) but still a good move.

I'll probably pick up TOR when it hits and check it out if the majority of the dev team that got yanked to do STO doesn't get pulled back to CO (played every freaking mission multiple times already with 4 40s and a few others already in the 30s) because if the current team's ideas of new stuff is what keeps happening, even my lifetime sub won't keep me interested. Sorry, but Clarence and his 3 massively damaging kb attacks just was hideous to melee characters as well as anything without Con as a super stat.
Wassy wrote:I would do Frost and Scooby purely for its high torture factor.

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

lol @ Scoobs

And I might be a little burned out on CO and I just have 2 40's and the next is close to 30 so I can see your point having double the 40's. And actually I only truly did all of Monster Isle on my second 40 since the first one went through there a lot of the mission arcs were bugged and unplayable. And only truly did Lemuria on my first 40 since the second didn't really need Lemuria to reach level cap but maybe about a level worth. CO is a nice game and has potential but with having to play the same content just to reach level cap with no deviation at all, it's hard to be motivated to play it as much.

Will there be an X presence in STO when it launches?

End of beta event was kind of okay. Not great but not the bottom of the barrel either. Honestly they didn't even hint to a EoB and they extended the planned beta shutdown time then announced the EoB. I wonder if the EoB was kind of thrown together in the 11th hour. And those people spamming "KHAAAAAN!" in the zone chat after the shutdown announce flashed on the screen had me laughing.

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

So before I go out and pick up the pre-order ... anyone else going to play this game for sure? lol. I haven't really played it at all but i'd play it with you jerks if you're playin it.

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

About 30 more minutes until the start of head start. Are you ready?

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

I'm going to be playing it...just probably mostly on weekends.

Mace
X Member

Post by Mace »

I'll pick it up. Got nothing better to do anymore.

edit: downloading now.

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

nope, games are dumb. Get a life.
Last edited by St.John on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seether
X Member

Post by Seether »

Mace look me up onilne in STO...

Check the Other FPS forum section for something I think you'll like that I posted for ya ;)
(`'·.¸(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ ~ ¸.·'´)¸.·'´)¸.·'´)
«´·.¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸,.~X~.,¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸.·`»
(¸.·'´(¸.·'´(¸.·'´ ~ `'·.¸)`'·.¸)`'·.¸)

Mace
X Member

Post by Mace »

Shinoko@Shinoko

Scooby Doo
X Member

Post by Scooby Doo »

My current position in the Queue: 1552. That's up from 1565 as of 20 minutes ago.

Everytime I lose connection to the game (roughly every 20-30 minutes) I have to go through the queue again.

I'm sure this is just shaking the bugs out of the servers, but DANG. I get the feeling I won't be logged in until after I go to work.

I don't go to work until tomorrow morning, by the way....

Mace
X Member

Post by Mace »

The queue numbers are not correct...i was 527 for 10 minutes then logged in at 526.

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

I was #42. I figured when the number just kept going up and i was still 42 that the server was just down. So I went to go play TF2 instead.

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

The queue idea was suggested in beta and some people didn't like it. I'm not a fan of queues but this game does need one -- Q. At least the upcoming said he will appear.

The thing with the queue is I was a number like 267 forever. Canceled and logged back in to a lower number for about 2 minutes then got in. I think the queue mechanism is borked.

Scooby Doo
X Member

Post by Scooby Doo »

DarkPowers wrote: I think the queue mechanism is borg'd.
Fixed. :wink:

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

:P