Star Trek Online

See an MMO that isn't listed here? Start a thread about it.
[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Star Trek Online

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

Thought I'd make an actual thread for this game since it sounds like a few people are interested.

Beta begins January 12, 2010 and runs through January 26, 2010. Head start will begin on January 29, 2010, and runs through launch.

From talking to a few of you it sounds as if we're likely going to go Federation.

So far these are the people who are at least interested:
Kwan = @Xanthicus
Spot = @ispotu
St.John = @mclachlan
Benoit = @IronChefBen
Goon = @kabaka
WX - LOL
Seether = @seetherx
CastorTroy -
Suricruise -

I was bored today and Spot gave me a link to watch a live feed of someone playing closed beta. I have to say that after watching him play made me want to play this game. PVE looks fun, world PVP looks fun, Battle Grounds both space (with your ship) and ground (with your captain) look amazing.

There are tons of videos on youtube go check them out.
Last edited by [SEA]KwanDuw on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

FireSpot
X Member

Post by FireSpot »

Yeah, I bought the deluxe version off Steam last night (I think Kwan did too,lol). The live stream footage of the game in action just looked fun.

And for pre-ordering the game you get access to the open beta, which starts tomorrow! :D

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

The game is so close and I kinda want that borg so I'll probably wait. Weap is still not on board? I have more sealed games then open ones, join me.

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

Goon is probably getting it and I'm interested enough that I think I'll try it.

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

For those who purchased from Steam, you can now begin downloading the Beta client. It will ask you to sign into the sto website so you'll need an account there in order to activate your key code. :roll: :wink:

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

19%!

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

Mine finished downloading about an hour ago. Say's servers wont be up till 10 am PST though...so I'm watching season 1 of Next Generation till then! :roll: :wink:

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

Apparently I missed the "install" button on my Steam so it took me a while to actually start downloading it. It is screaming along now though...I just wont be on until tomorrow.

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

Talked to CastorTroy, he and Seether have the game as well. We need to get on the same server as them! :roll: :wink:

FireSpot
X Member

Post by FireSpot »

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/79119

is giving away Star Trek Online Beta codes for free! All you have to do is sign up. I signed up and grabbed an extra beta key, just in case they run out. So, anyone want it? :)

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

Hold it for me till 4-6pm yo, still not sure I want to give up that borg lol.

FireSpot
X Member

Post by FireSpot »

St.John wrote:Hold it for me till 4-6pm yo, still not sure I want to give up that borg lol.
just make a diff beta account?

edit. nvm, i see you bought it from Steam,lol

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

My character for Beta is named Xan (Captain of the USS Jerk). Look me up when/if you can login hehe. Server have been crashing about every 10 min. :roll: :wink:

For those who don't know, there is only 1 server. Zones are instanced like guildwars and Champions Online. Certain zones you can interact with everyone in game, others zones have a set limit of how many people are in the zone with you, and other zones you're just by yourself or with your team.

FireSpot
X Member

Post by FireSpot »

Ramona@ispotu

lol so far I'm digging it