Guild Wars 2 site live

See an MMO that isn't listed here? Start a thread about it.
DarkPowers
X Member

Guild Wars 2 site live

Post by DarkPowers »

http://www.guildwars2.com

Reading the FAQ while posting this.

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

Looks pretty.

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

26/50 in the HoM calculator for things unlocked in GW2 so far. Right now just shooting for 30 since everything after that so far is just titles (meh).

From another thread
Benoit wrote: I could give GW2 a shot. I had a lot of fun on the first one but I got lost in the slew of expansions. I'm not really going to put in a ton of hours in a game though...
Honestly, I wouldn't recommend you getting Factions. If you ever did do any other game and by what you said up there, I'd say you should consider the other GW games in this order:

1. Eye of the North. It's not too long to complete. It is the only true expansion in that it continues the storyline of Prophecies (name for the original game that was given to it after the "slew of expansions". :) Plus to unlock things for GW2, you need to own Eye of the North to get access to the Hall of Monuments which is needed. GWEN (abbreviation for GW Eye of the North people around the net use) gives access to some heroes. I like the ones from Nightfall the most however but they are nice enough and all of them are level capped unlike the ones in NF you have to basically level with you. You gain the first 4 heroes almost immediately. Jora the fourth depends on the immediately because right after the third you can do the story in any order but have to do all three parts (Norn, Asura, and Ebon Vanguard). Jora will unlock pretty early in the Norn part which is the one I always do first because the game starts in the Norn area. You could run to one of the others but just doing the Norn first makes travel a lot easier to the other two.

2. Nightfall. It gives access to a lot of heroes to use. NF isn't technically an expansion nor is it one you are really needing to do unless you want to. Expansion means you must own the core game to use this. NF and Factions can be bought by a new person and played without owning the first game. Eye is the only one that requires owning at least one of the original three as you have to be level 10 to go to the North. Originally it was 20 but they changed it. It's story doesn't take as long as Prophecies which is the longest to complete but it's not as short as GWEN or Factions.

3 and last for you would be Factions. Nothing bad about Factions and it's the best for PvP and the way GvG works was kind of unique as guilds control outposts and can affect what side in the Luxon vs Kurzick war has more territory on the storyline map. But for you personally and saying about the time invested part is why I put this one last as a recommendation. You can blow through the story in no time but as far as how it will help in GW2, it doesn't. The only thing it will help you with is maybe a point in the HoM rewards thing for completing the campaign and armor points for getting the elite armors. Most you can get is 8 points in the armor category. I got 7 and that same number would be there if you took away the armors from Factions. Just the ones from the other ones alone got that.

Trying to get the PvP points in the HoM now, won't happen. You have to play for those thousands not hundreds of hours and you already said that won't happen. lol

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/892 ... One-Thread

Have to say: This game could be amazing. Love that leveling isn't the goal and gear isn't either. Love that it's based off of skill. Seems like they added things that felt missing in GW1 and overall improved the experience.

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

WeaponX wrote:http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/892 ... One-Thread

Have to say: This game could be amazing. Love that leveling isn't the goal and gear isn't either. Love that it's based off of skill. Seems like they added things that felt missing in GW1 and overall improved the experience.
And after what I said to Ben, GW's I would recommend to you would be Factions first. No, it's not because I tell everyone Ben is cooler nor told anyone that Ben never stole anyone's nachos. I would because you spoke more about what you liked with the PvP which Factions was more geared towards and GW PvP was always more skilled base than gear or level based. You can create PvP only characters from the start that can't do PvE content but they are max level, has access to all the skills, and gear is maxed (with except of runes anyone can purchase). Only thing different in PvP in GW between players is skills (unless someone brings a PvE character into it and didn't unlock some skills or max their equipment but if they did that then damn their bad luck so kill them and don't feel bad about it)

Second would be GWEN just because of what it would give you in GW2 but if PvE nor unlocking things aren't important to you then GWEN wouldn't matter to you.

GW2 features seem to be everything the previous ones had good about them. Only thing is max team is down 8 to 5 in GW2. But that could be a good thing. I've done things in GW with 8 player teams and they sucked and failed. Then ran it again with 7 heroes or even before the recent update that upped the max hero number with 3 heroes and 4 henchmen with better success.

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

http://x-syndicate.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=6928

It might still work since the information is still up. If code in the first post link doesn't work, try the corrected one in the last post in the above thread.

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

Beta signups are going on for the next 2 days on the site.

And read about the server-vs-server or as they call it WvW (world vs world) they are bringing? This can get interesting.