Eye of the North Preview Weekend Now

See an MMO that isn't listed here? Start a thread about it.
DarkPowers
X Member

Eye of the North Preview Weekend Now

Post by DarkPowers »

They have a 5 hour trial this weekend for people who own at least one of the first three games to go to Eye of the North with any level 10+ character. Since Eye is a level 20 only area, you get performance boost to 20 level and double XP. I got my 15 mesmer to 20 in about 3 hours to make my 7th level 20.

And apparently if you do own Eye of the North, the 5 hour limit doesn't exist as any character at least level 10 can go in now.

You will get the Eye heroes but if it's like the Preview Weekend before launch, those heroes will be locked after the weekend.

Heroes in order you will get:

At the start pretty much
Ogden - monk
Vekk - elementalist

Very early once you reach the second outpost
Gwen - mesmer (grown up version of little kid in pre-searing)

If you do the northern allies which most people do of the three quests to do next
Jora - warrior comes pretty early

If you do the missing ebon vanguard
Anton - assassin comes late though and through secondary quests
Pyre - ranger comes faster but will take a while still

If you do the asura
Olivia - necromancer but takes a while to get to the unlock quest

So if anyone wants to just sample Eye of the North and only own the first game then gave up on it, now would be a good time to try it.
To get the unlock code, there should appear a button after you log in on the character select screen that you click to get the code you will need this weekend.

Edit: Actually, it lasts for 2 weeks but 5 hours of game play. Here's the code from the page that you add to your access key inside the game at the login screen 2NNJD-B39M7-CDGPJ-9Q9B2-DH312

Explained here: http://www.guildwars.com/products/eyeofthenorth/trial/

Fade
X Member

Post by Fade »

Nice, I was going to pick up eye of the north online. But I never made a plaync account for the game so I need to get the box version. This will be a cool way to try out the content.

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

Fade, you don't need an account with PlayNC for it. Just add that access key inside the game.

The double xp for the North is over but the trial is still alive. And the ability to take any character level 10 or up is permanent.

I also came up with two trial keys for the first three games. So if you only got the first now called Prophecies, if you add the keys to your account again inside the game, you will be able to test Factions and Nightfall. And you can travel to those places from Lion's Arch where you pick up the quests to travel to the other areas. Once you travel to them, then you can click on the boat to travel to them any time while the trial is still active.

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

Sweet I'm all over this hehe! :roll: :wink:

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

This is the link where I got the trial for all three games. But you have to have a paid account (or in my case part of Comcast internet package I have) to get the trial.

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/guildwars/trial/

I just made my Comcast primary account able to get it. Then I made a fake e-mail account since I can have up to five and made it available to the gaming content but had to wait a couple of days. Then went to the above link for another trial code. Got it then deleted that account. I guess I could do it for a while.

One thing I wasn't clear on. To travel to Factions and Nightfall requires the boat. Travel to the North from Prophecies once unlocked is just normal map travel since it's on the same continent as the first game. Factions and Nightfall have direct paths to the North called Asura Gates near their main city.

And a low level can travel between the first three games as long as that lowbie gets help to the part of unlocking the travel (Lion's Arch in Prop, Keigang (sp?) City in Factions, and Consolate Docks in Nightfall) I saw a level 3 Paragon just now in Lion's Arch. Paragons are only available to Nightfall so apparently that person got a ferry to the Consolate Docks. Nobody could still be 3 and gotten that far into the story even without doing secondary missions in NF because one primary before is "Reach level 5".

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

Yeah I redownloaded the game today and was just messin around, I might get the expansions if I get back into playing. I have 4 lvl 20's atm...well 3 now since I deleted one so I could start over again hehe :roll: :wink:

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

If you end up buying Factions and/or Nightfall, you get 2 slots per game. Eye of the North doesn't give you any extra slots since it's the first expansion.

In case you don't know, Factions and NF aren't expansions but connected standalone games. So someone could just buy one of those without owning the first. North is the first one that requires owning one of the three first. North is more connected to the first game's story though. I originally quit the game before even reaching Lion's Arch because a lot before it does kind of suck. :D

I found a site that sold Factions a few months ago for 20 dollars and I paid 30 for Nightfall from Amazon when it first came out. Owning those three basically gives you a total of 8 slots. I have 10 level 20's now -- one of every class in the game with the 6 originals and the 2 each introduced in Factions and Nightfall. Yes, I bought some extra slots to fulfill a promotion they had to get the Mission Pack for free before it was made available to the general public. I just listed my characters here by class instead of name. Maybe if Frost ever updates the list for the ones since the first game, he can just look at my profile to get the names missing.

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

I'm bad about checking my gmail account but one of my NCSoft accounts is tied to it. I got an e-mail roughly a week ago from them saying to use this code to preview Eye of the North.

2NNJD-B39M7-CDGPJ-9QPB2-DH312

The old one said 9Q9B2 but this said 9QPB2. I saw someone post on a forum the old one didn't work for him so not sure what's up. Since I own it, I can't use the code to test. Also you must own one of the other three games too and when the person was asked if he really owned the game or just trialed the first three there was no answer posted.