Hmmmm

See an MMO that isn't listed here? Start a thread about it.
SuriCruise
X Member

Hmmmm

Post by SuriCruise »

I have had this game for some time but never gave it really a good try.

Well today i started to play again. BUT i am confused. I was in the main area and all was nice and green, and i picked up a quest to defend the town and all i know next i am sitting in a rubble of a town two years has passed. UM but i think i had alot to do in the other place still. I am only a level 3 I am so freaking lost on whats going on in this game.

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

D'oh!

Um... I made that mistake too going from Pre-Searing (nice and green) to Post-Searing (Apocalypse smacked down) at level 3. Someone told me I did that mish too earlier as some people wait until level 10. But honestly, without the primary missions, it grinds too slow. And that's why I didn't really get into Prophecies (first game). I tried Nightfall because I had a trial and the beginning gets going a lot smoother.

I'm doing Prophecies now again and think it's better than I thought once you get moving in Post-Searing. And it was a bit easier because had someone in the guild I'm in helped me run to Lion's Arch where I was able to take the boat to Nightfall area to pick up the heroes. I just grabbed the original four that you get at the start of NF then bumped into the fifth pretty fast. Then grabbed the Prophecies and Factions heroes then went back to Prophecies storyline.

Heroes > Henchmen!

With the heroes because can equip them and control what powers they have, I started *mauling* Prophecies. That tank hero Koss with one of the bonus weapons from the GWEN pre-order can almost wipe them out by himself. lol. I haven't died since getting them over there except when I bounced them to team with some people and the tank decided his name was Leeroy Jenkins.

I wouldn't say wait to 10 to go Post-Searing but probably should have gotten to at least 5... 7 would be better if you can take how much it slows down... 10 would be great but I'd say you must have too much time on your hands. ;)

SuriCruise
X Member

Post by SuriCruise »

Thanks for the info. I started a new toon. Lady Hot Buns. And i am enjoying the game. This is just holding me over untill GW2 comes out or Warhammer. But i am having fun. Just tried of wow, so its nice for a change.

Fade
X Member

Post by Fade »

I still play guild wars a little bit everyday, I really enjoy the pvp because its based on skill and not gear. Fade Reborn is my main toons name.

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

I have 3 level 20 characters now.

My first was a Nightfall's Paragon named Heavnsent Hellbound.

Second was my Assassin I made during the GWEN preview weekend really just to answer a question for someone without any free character slots named Caran Skywalker (Yeah, with that name I didn't expect to actually play it). Even though you have to make Assassins in Factions, I mainly did the NF storyline with that one.

My latest is my current mostly played Necromancer named Jaden Mara. My very first was a male necro and still have him (the one I took to post-searing too fast) but made a female one because saw what the dance emote was and had to get one who does that particular dance. This is the one that I'm going to try to finish the Prophecies story with before taking into GWEN since that is supposed to be the continuation of Prophecies more than Factions or Nightfall. Jaden is right now doing the Ascension stuff (got 2 of the 3 things done). I need to ascend because I need to change the secondary profession to one of those available in Nightfall. For future reference, once you ascend with a Prophecies character (or the Factions counterpart which the name slips me now for Factions created characters), you have to advance enough in NF to do part of the Command Center stuff to unlock the person who can let you pick Paragon or Dervish as a secondary for non-NF created characters. If you are already 20 then take your toon to NF then, it really doesn't take long because it skips a lot of the stuff before you hit that mission.

I hope I can get some stuff in the HoM before GW2 even goes beta or I probably won't want to be in the beta. I want to see how the HoM stuff transfers into GW2 mostly.

But those are the three main ones I am playing on now with Jaden the most at the moment until I finish the Prophecies story line since I never did before. Then I might go back to one of the other 20's to do GWEN stuff since they are both deeper in that story line. Oh, btw... I found out if you get a certain item from little girl Gwen in pre-searing, it unlocks missions in GWEN. Found it via a wiki. But think you can get the stuff later by making a new toon then putting the items in the storage to give to the other toons.