Hey2

See an MMO that isn't listed here? Start a thread about it.
Fade
X Member

Hey2

Post by Fade »

Where the heck is the blinky mission!

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

Northwest

WeaponX
X Member

Re: Hey2

Post by WeaponX »

Fade wrote:Where the heck is the blinky mission!
LOL :D Tell me your playing AO! hehe. If so, welcome to the most complex MMO you'll ever play hehe.

Fade
X Member

Post by Fade »

Me and my brother both downloaded the free version and are trying it out.

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

Haha nice. So what are you thinkin? 2 weeks to level 220? 3 weeks tops?

Some words of advice:

READ READ READ READ - Do your homework. In this game, they are very unforgiving. If you haven't already figured out that IP is what shapes your character, you will. The thing to remember is you can only reset your IP points a couple of times before your locked into a skill. So let's say you decided to raise up some skill that you later find was completely meaningless.. you better hope you haven't used up your resets otherwise your character will be gimped in comparison to someone who plotted out their character and was able to spend those points that you wasted into something worth while.

Best way to avoid that is to read up.

Where? Google search for guides. I'll post some websites here tomorrow where i've found a lot of great information.

Just remember, when it comes to IP, Green names = things that don't cost a lot of IP to raise. Light blue = the middle groud. Dark blue = Very costly for you to raise. For example, a doctor COULD learn how to use assault rifles.. but your going to suffer somewhere for it because you'll be blowing all your IP on Dark blue abilities that are very costly to raise therefore leaving you with nothing to spend on your other abilities.

Enhancements - Get used to these. These are buffs basically. Until level 60+ or so you can get by with the general implants for your class that you can find in the basic store in every town. Go with these until you learn the complicated world of implants hehe. The short of it is that implants add to your abilities.

OE (over equipping) this is the name of the game. You can OE 20% over what you could equip without buffs basically. What that means is this:

If you have a gun that has a 200 requirement for Shotgun. You currently have 160 skill. With a general buff that you can buy in the basic store (from the general nanos) it'll give you 20 skill. (Shotgun expertise is what is is called) That brings you to 180. Now with a buff from a solider or some other class that could buff you in shotgun (this is just for an example) you may end up with 220 skill. Bingo. You can quickly equip your gun and now you have a gun equipped (or armor or anything) that you normally wouldn't be able to wear. 2 minutes later a buff runs out and your back to 180 skill (with your other buff still running on you). You'll be fine in this situation because your not past that 20% OE mark yet. Now let's say that other buff runs out and your down to 160. Well technically.. your still within 20% so you would be fine but if you weren't.. you'd have to keep that buff on you to get the FULL use of the dmg off of the weapon. Otherwise it will adjust itself.

OE is the name of the game :D Helps you get the best implants on, best armor, best gun, etc. which means your gonna be able to PLVL yourself a lot easier.

Also, this game is all about teaming. You'll level a lot faster with someone.

Anyway, i'm sure you guys will do fine but this game is just SOOOOO massive. It's almost overwhelming at first especially when you can spend 3 hours just doing your implants lol.

If you have any questions just let us know :D It can be a bit confusing at first and a lot of people get frustrated and quit.. but if you get the game down and the mechanics of it, it can be pretty fun.

I'll post some websites tomorrow that have been a big help to me since coming back to AO after 4 years lol.

Fade
X Member

Post by Fade »

Do I need the paid version to leave the noob zone?

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

hehe no, talk to the clan recruiter and he'll send you to the landing platform manager who will give you a key. Tell him you're ready to leave and he'll send you to a zone with 3 portals, left click the key and move it over one of the portal control panals and right click and that will port you to which ever city you chose. Really confusing and I probably just made it worse...so maybe weap or boom can better explain hehe We usually hang out in Borealis. :roll: :wink:

Fade
X Member

Post by Fade »

Thanks, I had the key, I just didn't know I had to drag it on the keypad to let me use it heh. I would just right click and it didnt do anything so I would get bored and just log off heh.

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

This game has a lot of wierd/quirky bugs like that lol. Be warned :D

Once you get used to the game its actually fun in its own way. It's no where near fast paced like games now adays though. At least not for me lol :D Everyone gets mad at me cuz I take 3 hours to do anything in this game. It just takes a long time to do implants, or buy nanos, or well.. anything!

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

lol the problem with weap is that he decides to upgrade while we're all waiting to go do stuff....get with it bud and do what we do and upgrade after we're done grinding hehe!!! :roll: :wink:

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

You jerks are never done though!