blizzcon

If you want to talk about phat lewt, raid instances, -20DKP or throwing more DoT...here's your forum.

Moderator: Captains: World of Warcraft

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

Oh, I'm sure it'll be fun. They like making money. But it really kills off any desire for me to play the game right now. Why grind out tons of new gear and work on my character when they are going to totally change the dynamics of the game (Again) and make me grind out more stuff in a new xpac. I realize I could say that about every pre-xpac season... and I usually do lol. Meh, next weekend Brooke is going out of town or something and my crazy season officially ends. I'm hoping open beta starts for Aion.. but i'll be on some WOW i'm sure.

Heck, I'm just gonna wait for that new Legendary Axe (screw you hunters).

tuppie
X Member

Post by tuppie »

1:17PM Slide of the "dungeon matrix." 4 raid zones, 8 dungeons, 2 "Old World Heroics." AT LAUNCH. Yes, that's 4 full raid zones at launch.

1:16PM Cataclysm preview now!
WOW
1:27PM Wow, Blackrock Caverns looks amazing. They weren't kidding. I'm getting all nostalgic.

1:25PM Deathwing has literally drilled a hole from Blackrock Spire to Grim Batol to transport supplies and troops. This is the Blackrock Caverns. The Twilight Hammer is there, naturally.

1:24PM Blackrock Caverns is up. "Reinventing a fan favorite." People love UBRS, but they didn't want to use that as one they made a Heroic for. They are going to recreate the experience.

1:24PM They just showed a video preview. It's very much Titan architecture. Imagine Ulduar, except with pharaoh statues instead of constellations.

1:23PM The story is that there is some sort of super weapon in Uldum and/or the Halls of Origination. Everyone wants it. Horde, Alliance, Deathwing, all of them.

har har
1:34PM Blackwing Lair 2.0, Daelo implies we'll be seeing some old friends.

1:34PM You dawg, we heard you like raids so etc etc. There's a raid zone in Nefarian's old throne room. He's alive.
Okay.. that's NOT awesome.
1:42PM It's designed to make it easier to PUG.

1:42PM You can LFG for 5-man instances with players from other realms. "The tech supports raids, but we're going to kick it off with only 5-players." It will work off of battlegroups, like battlegrounds.

1:41PM Cross Server LFG!
JIZZ MUH PANTS

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

WeaponX wrote:Oh, I'm sure it'll be fun. They like making money. But it really kills off any desire for me to play the game right now. Why grind out tons of new gear and work on my character when they are going to totally change the dynamics of the game (Again) and make me grind out more stuff in a new xpac. I realize I could say that about every pre-xpac season... and I usually do lol. Meh, next weekend Brooke is going out of town or something and my crazy season officially ends. I'm hoping open beta starts for Aion.. but i'll be on some WOW i'm sure.

Heck, I'm just gonna wait for that new Legendary Axe (screw you hunters).

Don't take this negatively but shouldn't the current changes make a casual player happy? If the 3.1 badge system didn't come out how would casual players (like yourself currently) get tier 8.5 or tier 9? They are simplifying things but the game itself is/was simple anyway.

Psartryn
X Member

Post by Psartryn »

I took a nap during the raid/dungeon panel, and their 3 second clips of incomplete dungeons.

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

Nah I completely agree St. You're talking to the guy that in 1.0 jumped in circles around Undercity while you were in MC lol. I think what I miss was T2 was a big deal and you knew that if you got it .. you weren't gonna get an upgrade for a long time.. you could sort of beat the game in that way. Now, by the time you get 3/4 (or less) of a set that isn't even THAT hard to get.. they have 2 more sets come out that make your current grind feel so worthless.

The problem is the game at this point is so much about gear and something feels like its missing. Every MMO is essentially about gear.. but with WoW it just feels insane right now lol.

I don't know if all my QQ is because I'm just bored atm, working a ton, and realizing that all that is waiting for me is more badge grinding or if I just need a change in scenery.

So to summarize all this nonsense.... I'm old.

FireSpot
X Member

Post by FireSpot »

WeaponX wrote: So to summarize all this nonsense.... I'm old.
Sounds like you need to buy some of these to be more young and hip :wink: :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyYhdY-A_Hs

Gwyndolynne
X Member

Post by Gwyndolynne »

FireSpot wrote:
WeaponX wrote: So to summarize all this nonsense.... I'm old.
Sounds like you need to buy some of these to be more young and hip :wink: :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyYhdY-A_Hs
I want em!

Psartryn
X Member

Post by Psartryn »

The new guild stuff is neat, but the talent changes/path of the titans is weird.

tuppie
X Member

Post by tuppie »

Psartryn wrote:The new guild stuff is neat, but the talent changes/path of the titans is weird.
agraad

Goonfleet
X Member

Post by Goonfleet »

Naw, we get the best of all worlds. Path of the Titans stuff will mimic Guild Wars and leveling guilds will be just like Warhammer. Finally I can delete the old games from my HD.

I wish I could QQ, but really I'm all about the PEW PEW.

Uh but actually, if they don't add new classes but they add new races, I won't have a slot open to level a goblin!!! Blizzard better wise up if they want me to continue leveling alts :lol:

Psartryn
X Member

Post by Psartryn »

Start a new account, get me a Zhevra.

Gwyndolynne
X Member

Post by Gwyndolynne »

Psartryn wrote:Start a new account, get me a Zhevra.
Me first

Psartryn
X Member

Post by Psartryn »

Gwyndolynne wrote:
Psartryn wrote:Start a new account, get me a Zhevra.
Me first
sorry I called it. so you go away.

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

WeaponX wrote:Nah I completely agree St. You're talking to the guy that in 1.0 jumped in circles around Undercity while you were in MC lol. I think what I miss was T2 was a big deal and you knew that if you got it .. you weren't gonna get an upgrade for a long time.. you could sort of beat the game in that way. Now, by the time you get 3/4 (or less) of a set that isn't even THAT hard to get.. they have 2 more sets come out that make your current grind feel so worthless.

The problem is the game at this point is so much about gear and something feels like its missing. Every MMO is essentially about gear.. but with WoW it just feels insane right now lol.

I don't know if all my QQ is because I'm just bored atm, working a ton, and realizing that all that is waiting for me is more badge grinding or if I just need a change in scenery.

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

St.John wrote:
WeaponX wrote:Nah I completely agree St. You're talking to the guy that in 1.0 jumped in circles around Undercity while you were in MC lol. I think what I miss was T2 was a big deal and you knew that if you got it .. you weren't gonna get an upgrade for a long time.. you could sort of beat the game in that way. Now, by the time you get 3/4 (or less) of a set that isn't even THAT hard to get.. they have 2 more sets come out that make your current grind feel so worthless.

LOL :roll: :wink: