Feral Q&A: I need to L2P

If you want to talk about phat lewt, raid instances, -20DKP or throwing more DoT...here's your forum.

Moderator: Captains: World of Warcraft

Goonfleet
X Member

Post by Goonfleet »

I cast magic missile at the darkness!

The_Rock
X Member

Post by The_Rock »

lol if all u can manage to do when your playing is push your shred button because its pvp you suck.. Post your abilitys on your number key pad and push buttons to use your attacks.. and then you dont even have to point and click... what kind of person cant be bothered to push or click more then 1 butoon at a time....No wonder the q3 engine died.

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

The_Rock wrote:lol if all u can manage to do when your playing is push your shred button because its pvp you suck.. Post your abilitys on your number key pad and push buttons to use your attacks.. and then you dont even have to point and click... what kind of person cant be bothered to push or click more then 1 butoon at a time....No wonder the q3 engine died.
I don't think you completely comprehend what he's saying.

tuppie
X Member

Post by tuppie »

The_Rock wrote:lol if all u can manage to do when your playing is push your shred button because its pvp you suck.. Post your abilitys on your number key pad and push buttons to use your attacks.. and then you dont even have to point and click... what kind of person cant be bothered to push or click more then 1 butoon at a time....No wonder the q3 engine died.

Gilgaland
X Member

Post by Gilgaland »

Tuppie-- I appreciate the discussion despite your assumption from post one that I'm just QQing and have no idea what I'm talking about, but you still miss my point. Again... And Again... And again.

1) Show me what talent tree I can spec into and still be an effective melee damage dealer with the same gear and I'll spec it.

2) Show me what talent tree you spec into that makes you a healer or melee damage dealer and requires completely different stats except for stamina and I'll STFU, delete my char, and re-roll alliance.

If you choose to use a sub-par spec to do THE EXACT SAME ROLE IN A PVP ENVIRONMENT then that's your own fault. "Frost is to fire as resto is to feral" is a ridiculous comparison IN A PVP ENVIRONMENT. Seriously!
/Facepalm

Done posting in this thread, and would actually appreciate if someone would just lock it to prevent me from bashing my head against a wall over and over again. Hell, that might actually be more productive if anyone is planning on expanding a room in their home, just let me know and do it for free with my face. I posted this in frustration looking for a bit of humor to lighten up the feeling of suck I get from looking at the patch notes and Druid Q&A. I apologize for what it degraded to.

And btw, of all the responses reinforcing blizz's message of L2P, who here is on an active arena team in any bracket above... lets say... 1500? How about just 100 games combined from all brackets, all season? ...10 games last week? Have a team, and REALLY REALLY want to get some games in... but gosh darn, just haven't found the time!

Thanks for sharing from your expansive personal experience in the arenas this season. It's been illuminating. I'll be making another thread explaining to everyone how to successfully defeat Algalon the Observor on Hard Mode in the Raiding forums later tonight.

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

Gilgaland wrote:
And btw, of all the responses reinforcing blizz's message of L2P, who here is on an active arena team in any bracket above... lets say... 1500? How about just 100 games combined from all brackets, all season? ...10 games last week? Have a team, and REALLY REALLY want to get some games in... but gosh darn, just haven't found the time!

Thanks for sharing from your expansive personal experience in the arenas this season. It's been illuminating. I'll be making another thread explaining to everyone how to successfully defeat Algalon the Observor on Hard Mode in the Raiding forums later tonight.
Quoted before the edit.

In the 2-3 years I've known Gil (who is up there every year for the nicest/selfless guy in X award nominations) this is the second or third time I've seen him crack just a little bit...:D

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

Yeah Gil rocks and is by far one of the most knowledgeable Feral Druids I know. So basically don't argue with him cause he knows more than anyone else in X on how to play a Feral Druid in both pvp and pve. :roll: :wink:

tuppie
X Member

Post by tuppie »

Gilgaland wrote:Tuppie-- I appreciate the discussion despite your assumption from post one that I'm just QQing and have no idea what I'm talking about, but you still miss my point. Again... And Again... And again.
You ARE QQing.. Are you in denial? I think we've ALL QQ'd over our classes and Blizzard's pathetic attempts at balancing them.. I've never claimed you have no idea what you're talking about..
Gilgaland wrote: 1) Show me what talent tree I can spec into and still be an effective melee damage dealer with the same gear and I'll spec it.
I dunno.. check out these guys..
2400+ all brackets: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Talason

2400+ all: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Mewnfare

Well.. just look here: http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/player/a ... 2/all/all/.. I'm sure there's a spec somewhere..
Gilgaland wrote: 2) Show me what talent tree you spec into that makes you a healer or melee damage dealer and requires completely different stats except for stamina and I'll STFU, delete my char, and re-roll alliance.
Hmm.. I can't match healer vs. DPS as a mage, but I can provide an example of different gear. Here's a simple one: fire vs frost. Fire loves crit, frost loves haste. We don't even get a second gear set. Latest gear stacks crit, which is sub-par for frost.
Gilgaland wrote: If you choose to use a sub-par spec to do THE EXACT SAME ROLE IN A PVP ENVIRONMENT then that's your own fault. "Frost is to fire as resto is to feral" is a ridiculous comparison IN A PVP ENVIRONMENT. Seriously!
Here's the point I was attempting to make: IF YOU ARE USING A SUB-PAR SPEC THEN IT'S YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT. If a mage specs fire and sucks, it's his own fault. If a druid specs balance, it's his own damn fault. ETC ETC. GC has stated a few times that he believes hybrids should be about 5% behind in terms of healing/tanking/DPS. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the changes made to "enforce" this have rolled into PvP.
Gilgaland wrote: Done posting in this thread, and would actually appreciate if someone would just lock it to prevent me from bashing my head against a wall over and over again. Hell, that might actually be more productive if anyone is planning on expanding a room in their home, just let me know and do it for free with my face. I posted this in frustration looking for a bit of humor to lighten up the feeling of suck I get from looking at the patch notes and Druid Q&A. I apologize for what it degraded to.
I dunno.. I think we've provided some good laughs for some people..
Gilgaland wrote: And btw, of all the responses reinforcing blizz's message of L2P, who here is on an active arena team in any bracket above... lets say... 1500? How about just 100 games combined from all brackets, all season? ...10 games last week? Have a team, and REALLY REALLY want to get some games in... but gosh darn, just haven't found the time!

Hmm.. not since I canceled I can't say I have an _active_ character above 1500. I never claimed to know how to play arenas well, or any aspect of the game well. What I can claim is that I have theorycrafted. I have come to the conclusion, based on my own theorycrafting that:
1) Some specs stink for arena
2) Some specs are OK for arena
3) Some specs are faceroll for arena
4) Some junk specs are carried to high ratings
5) Some good specs are carried to high ratings

It was VERY difficult to come to these conclusions, but I have managed to do it.

AND, just like _most_ of the QQ that comes out before patches is theorycrafting (some test, I know..), I am only theorycrafting as well. Want to know how Yogg+0 was killed first? Theorycrafting and attempting those theories.

But hey! Look at the bright side: duids will be one of the better PvE tanks in 3.2! Right behind paladins, of course :P
Yeah Gil rocks and is by far one of the most knowledgeable Feral Druids I know. So basically don't argue with him cause he knows more than anyone else in X on how to play a Feral Druid in both pvp and pve. Rolling Eyes Wink
Since I'm on such a troll-roll here, I'll address this too. Once again, I've never claimed that Gil doesn't know his druid, how to PvP, whatever. I'll never claim to know how to PvP as a druid because I never have. I can claim that, through information available, Blizzard intends for some specs to be optimal for PvP and some sub-par for PvP. GC even pointed out (implied) the other day that resto was the PvP spec for druids. I believe that Blizzard DOES NOT CARE about providing three viable PvP/PvE specs for all classes. GC has straight-up told us mages that frost is your PvP spec and fire/arcane are your PvE specs. They have no intention of providing fire more PvP materials or providing frost more PvE materials. In my opinion, it seems that if Blizzard thinks they have provided you with a good, well-represented PvP spec, they've done their job. I've only maintained this point of view throughout the thread. I never turned this into a discussion about "oh you should just use X, Y, Z in arena against A, B, C classes" or "your rotation should be H, J, K while tanking Mimiron." I don't know why people think I've turned this into that.

Again, the only thing I've maintained throughout this thread is that some specs are INTENTIONALLY built for PvP while some not. I've never said Gil was a bad player or he didn't know how to play. All I've said was that if any player wants to have the easiest time getting to 2k+, they should play the spec that has obviously been developed for PvP.

BEEN FUN! Good laughs in this thread

edit: btw I'm trolling.. if that wasn't apparent. "Pushing people's buttons" in internet forums is hilarious

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

You guys like to type about video games.

tuppie
X Member

Post by tuppie »

Benoit wrote:You guys like to type about video games.
Dude it's so much better than actually playing the game. You should try it.

Mace
X Member

Post by Mace »

LOL

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

I'll lock the thread to save Gil from killing himself.

It didn't seem like these 2 guys were hating on each other.. just have 2 different view points of the issue.

Tuppie is a jerk, and I think his QQ troll post wasn't intended to hate on Gil.. he's just being the usual jerk that he is :P

Gil is the best feral druid i've ever seen in WoW and an all around cool guy.

I know what its like to "qq" about a class.. heck we all do lol. It's nice to vent and usually an X will just post some random picture and complete ignore the argument all together.

I also know that Blizzard doesn't give a crap. I leveled like 7 level 70's to prove that point... its the only way around the nerf bat and even then it drives you crazy.

MMO's suck IMO because of the, "HEY LETS KEEP CHANGING THE GAME NON-STOP" paradigm. I've had my points refunded to me 3 times in the past 6 months.. that means someone fails. But /shrug.. thats an MMO for you.

Anyway, you guys are both cool guys. Let's all go back to hating me instead.

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

Just gonna throw this out there. Team composition has just as big of an impact as spec and Rogue/Feral has a very low ceiling compared to lets say DK/Resto...the mother of all faceroll. I have no doubt Gil would get 2200+ with a priest or pally and I would with a priest/mage/lock. The problem is all the good PvPer's (the very small hand handful that can reach 2200+) on BH have been clicked for years. The teams I'm on now (my 2's with Gil and 3's) were built from the ground up with all of us starting season 6 with full welfare hateful gear. Though I'm content cause my toon matches things would be easier if I ran with any kind of Lock/Mage/Priest set up.

Also finding someone that actually likes pvp (has the will to stick through the times were your gonna get owned over and over and maximizing their edges) is harder then getting Thunderfury.