5v5 Arena Team

If you want to talk about phat lewt, raid instances, -20DKP or throwing more DoT...here's your forum.

Moderator: Captains: World of Warcraft

Mace
X Member

Post by Mace »

Summertime has always been rough on gaming. It'll pick back up in a few months.

Gwyndolynne
X Member

Post by Gwyndolynne »

you won't

Psartryn
X Member

Post by Psartryn »

I just wasn't at raids this week cause of Aion, I'm at all the others, that I can make.

Mace
X Member

Post by Mace »

Sure i will...tonight i just finished training my replacement so i can enjoy my new role as owner. After that i won't be working very many late nights.

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

I'm not really complaining about raids or people that stopped coming, I stopped as well lol.

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

Although my reasons have been because I haven't been around (gonna be gone again all next week for work), is there even a point? I don't mean that to sound emo, but rumor has it you can get better gear from heroics in the next patch? Is that true? I haven't done any research at all into anything WoW so I'd love to know.

That said, my work schedule from July - August gets insane. I'll try and support the effort as I can though. Sorry for my absence yo.

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

Lets just hope Aion is good.
[img:15f1ed8b83]http://i64.tinypic.com/2dukwep.jpg[/img:15f1ed8b83]

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

Heroics will get you the Conquerer's badge gear (and valor and heroic if you want). That covers pants, belt, gloves, boots, neck, chest and helm. Weapons, rings, trinkets, cloak, shoulders you cant get outside Ulduar.

There is always a point though. There's a new "raid" next patch and to succeed in there you're going to want to be Ulduar geared. When the patch hits, the less time we have to spend gearing up for the next big thing the better.

That all said, what is the point of Ulduar 10? 90% of the loot is a minor upgrade at best for any of us going. (Although I still want that trinket off Leviathan) :P

tuppie
X Member

Post by tuppie »

St.John wrote:Lets just hope Aion is good.
Didn't play the beta that just ended?

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

lots of fail games have had good betas. There's nothing about the game that is going to get me to buy it at launch. I'll wait for word of mouth and even then, fantasy sucks.

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

tuppie wrote:
St.John wrote:Lets just hope Aion is good.
Didn't play the beta that just ended?
Yeah I can wait for the real thing. You and Tch are the guinea pigs anyway. I only skimmed through his wall of text though but it sounded positive.

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

Well we could do some Uld25 runs? I'd be down. Spot get your mic working? :D

I got to level 7 or something in Aion. I'll type up my thoughts in the Aion thread but I have my reservations. A new game would be cool but WoW set the bar in some areas (like movement) that are hard to beat without getting used to a different style of play. It could be a good game... it would just take some adjustment. Level 7 isn't really high enough to even know what the full game is like or anything.

Tuppie I didn't think that was the end of beta, just the end of this play period?

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

Ben that link works for me(downloading) and Filefront only has a 600mb upload limit. Streaming it at the 250k "High Quality" level is decent.

http://games.on.net/file/24129/WoW_PvP_ ... User_Video

Edit: I just downloaded the video again from that link and it works.
Last edited by St.John on Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tuppie
X Member

Post by tuppie »

WeaponX wrote:Well we could do some Uld25 runs? I'd be down. Spot get your mic working? :D

I got to level 7 or something in Aion. I'll type up my thoughts in the Aion thread but I have my reservations. A new game would be cool but WoW set the bar in some areas (like movement) that are hard to beat without getting used to a different style of play. It could be a good game... it would just take some adjustment. Level 7 isn't really high enough to even know what the full game is like or anything.

Tuppie I didn't think that was the end of beta, just the end of this play period?
True.. not the end of beta, just this beta period. Fourth closed beta coming in two weeks. Keep in mind that this is patch version 1.0 for Aion. 1.5 patch notes have been released and will be the version on release. 1.5 includes many end-game dungeons, new armor, etc., etc.

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

Benoit wrote:lots of fail games have had good betas. There's nothing about the game that is going to get me to buy it at launch. I'll wait for word of mouth and even then, fantasy sucks.
Benoit wrote:lots of fail games have had good betas. There's nothing about the game that is going to get me to buy it at launch. I'll wait for word of mouth and even then, fantasy sucks.
That's one good thing about the game. Even though its "fantasy" it really didn't feel like the same "fantasy" style which was cool. I mean yeah you have a sword or magic or whatever... but you have wings lol. So it's a little different. I'll wait till the next beta period and hope i get over the movement thing. Would be interesting to see if you can mod it like you can in WoW although i'm tempted just to use the normal UI because of the heartbreak that you feel every time a patch hits that wrecks your UI lol.

The star wars game has potential too. Something has to come out eventually lol.

I'm in the beta for Champions Online... you know you wanna wear spandex. I should install it just to have an opinion on it :P