Yo mama & 3.2

If you want to talk about phat lewt, raid instances, -20DKP or throwing more DoT...here's your forum.

Moderator: Captains: World of Warcraft

Mace
X Member

Yo mama & 3.2

Post by Mace »

Emblem System Changes
Both the 10 and 25-player instances of the Crusaders' Coliseum drop a new Emblem of Triumph.
Any dungeons that previously dropped Emblems of Heroism or Valor, such as Naxxramas or Heroic Halls of Stone, will now drop Emblems of Conquest instead. Emblems of Conquest can still be converted to Valor or Heroism.
The Heroic dungeon daily quest will now reward 2 Emblems of Triumph and the normal daily dungeon quest will reward 1 Emblem of Triumph.
---
So we can get our T8.5 Helm & Chest from emblem vendor by running a crap-ton of heroics and also run VoA to get Pants and Gloves for 4/5. Then we skip Ulduar all together until we have T9 & new gear from the Crusaders' Coliseum.

New 5man - Sweet
DK nerfs - QQ
Rogue using 1h axes - /shrug
Death of 2's - QQ
Mount Changes - A little late but w/e, I know Goon got a hard-on
Experience in BG's - Sweet

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

Do I need to have done the crusader dailies to do the new raid?

FireSpot
X Member

Post by FireSpot »

Benoit wrote:Do I need to have done the crusader dailies to do the new raid?
No

And Mace you forgot to mention that Hunter traps are on separate CDs now. So we can toss a fire trap/frost trap/ and snake trap at once,lol

tuppie
X Member

Post by tuppie »

Experience in BGs could actually be incentive to play an alt..

Maybe..

Gwyndolynne
X Member

Post by Gwyndolynne »

Was that English? :shock:

Goonfleet
X Member

Post by Goonfleet »

A raging hardon for the mount changes. I'm going to take Outlands by storm with my Mage, Druid, and Rogue! They're the only ones I have left below 70 anyway. QQ

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

Uh... so the new Colosseum instance is huge enough to have T9??

For some reason I was thinking it was going to be like a Gruul's Lair kinda deal.

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

it'll be a ring of blood style raid. I assume one boss after another.

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

So the next patch takes away the hardest/fun/skilled based arena bracket and gives 8.5 through heroics. Also faceroll cleave 3's 5's plate teams get new arena gear. Right now 2's matches last much longer than 3's for a reason.

So we can get our T8.5 Helm & Chest from emblem vendor by running a crap-ton of heroics and also run VoA to get Pants and Gloves for 4/5. Then we skip Ulduar all together until we have T9 & new gear from the Crusaders' Coliseum.
Sorry and maybe it's just me but skipping Ulduar all together and running a "crap-ton" of heroics and VoA doesn't sound fun at all, maybe if you were a new 80 or have 2 alts. If X can't clear Ulduar now what makes you think X can in Tier 9? That 500 extra hp and 2% crit isn't gonna make that big of a difference. Clearly it's not a gear problem. If this is the route X is taking let me know through a pm or the officer forum.
[img:15f1ed8b83]http://i64.tinypic.com/2dukwep.jpg[/img:15f1ed8b83]

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

can't speak for anyone else....but I'm not planning on skipping ulduar. This stuff is just hitting test server or hasn't even hit...im not gonna sit around for 3 months.

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

You can only get a few select pieces from conquest badges so it's not like there'll be no point to running Ulduar.

I don't have any proof but I think our problem is healing. Spot and sometimes Kwan are the only healers I really trust. Tanks I don't really trust anyone except Sethyl.

I don't know anything about druid tanking, but is Gilg even geared for it? He has a lot of health and armor but when I look at his gear there's like no tanking stats.

Mace
X Member

Post by Mace »

Only tanking stat gilg will have is dodge. He should have lots of stam and agility. With talents I'm pretty sure the hitting the def cap isn't an issue for druid tanks but i could be wrong. When we were downing Mimiron gilg was figuring out in what order to blow his limited selection of emergency buttons to avoid getting killed. I doubt he has had a challenging fight like that in a long time. I know he can do it but it will take him a little bit to get into the grove.

We need at least 5 awesome tanks and 10 awesome heals. Right now we are very DPS heavy and it's hurting us. I've been healing my way to 80 on my priest as practice so I can be ready but I don't see myself being proficient for another few weeks.

X isnt skipping ulduar...with these changes we will see a new group of noobs that think they are ready for ulduar or harder content cause they have 4/5 T8.5 mixed with blues.

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

Only tank I trust is Victo.

On Mimiron don't you just have to run out of that aoe? It hits for100k and is followed by a "Plasma Blast – a 3-second cast that deals 20,000 Fire damage per second for 6 seconds", so no amount of gear or whatever will help.
[img:15f1ed8b83]http://i64.tinypic.com/2dukwep.jpg[/img:15f1ed8b83]

Mace
X Member

Post by Mace »

Our tanks dropped because the tanks didn't get enough heals. A paladin healer would be great for this fight but it can be done without one. My guess is when he starts plasma blast the healers need to top off the thank with their instant heals then apply HoTs and bigger heals to effectively heal through it. If the tank isn't 100% right before the blast he won't survive.

Mace
X Member

Post by Mace »

Not sure why i just thought of this now but other than a DK the other tanking classes don't have as many "oh crap" buttons. Call me crazy but after 1-2 secs of plasma blast why can't the 2nd tank taunt the boss off and blow his set of cool downs as well. This also spreads the damage out a little and in reality it gives us health pool of 70k to play with instead of just 35k. The healers have to use their cool downs too like pain suppression and guardian spirit.