Busy

The game that gave birth to the X Clan, yo mama jokes, and nacho fever back in November of 2000!

Moderator: Moderators

Lonthu
X Member

Post by Lonthu »

That team was certainly the best I was ever associated with.That SEA team played together as a team as well as any.
You mentioned Hell "fighting" his way back with the flag. That is exactly why people like Hell, weedman, and Nermil (there were of course others) were so valuable. Give them any map, even one they hadn't ever played before and they could still dominate. LOL the best pure players somehow didn't even need all the armor and powerups.
St.John wrote:Now this a man that loves EF lol.
Btw, if Lab played that match they still would have got rocked. Chaos and Avenger never learned all the new moves and face to face confrontation they sucked (Avenger mostly, heck both...I always liked Chaos but its the truth). Photon jumping from flag to the pillars didn't cut it anymore at that time in EF. I'm not saying moves are everything. Hellraiser would usually fight his way back to our flag to cap, he didn't have the strafe routes down pat but he is one of the best duelers ever so its hard to stop him. Havoc was one of the best defenders ever but he isn't locking down the St / Nimrook capping express. He *can* kill us but its hard for anyone to completely lock down people that use effortless strafe routes and top tier dueling skills. On another note people that aren't "duelers" or have the strafe routes down but had "awareness" are just a valuable, probably more so. I can think of people that had skills but just didn't cut "it" if that makes any sense lol. The credit fully goes to the makeup of the team though. The lineup SEA fronted that night would give any team in the history of EF a run for its money.
Last edited by Lonthu on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IceOnix
X Member

Post by IceOnix »

I wish I was around for some of the more "memorable" events in EF history. I'm pretty sure I came in a little after its peak. I really loved the game for so long hehe.

It's too bad all of my demos and screenies are gone since then. I don't think I've played a map in months.

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

I think Shortbus was a better fragger than Weedman honestly. Weed was a better dueler because he timed armor respawns. But dont get me wrong...both excellent fraggers. I feel Gino ended up being better than both of them a bit later in EF once he mastered movement.

Capper wise, I would take Hell and St. anyday any map. St. wasnt blazing but he got it done and both could fight thier way if they had to. I think X's best asset was that almost anyone could cap. Veritoff, Static, Weapon, Boom, myself, Rock, Seether of course...the list is long. Cow and Stealth were similarly skilled I guess but both had voy2 syndrome. I'm not sure I would take either of them on any other map. Cheezer from OO/oE always impressed me too.

Defense wise I think there were plenty of good ones. But the ones that were best while leaving armor and stuff for their teamates: ProfX, Shortbus, Havoc. And again, in X most of our offensive players could play excellent defense as well. The most important part of defense is not dieing and these guys were ALWAYS in the right position.

I think it was a real advantage that X had 5 guys who could all be rocking on offense or defense depending on the situation. It's a lot more flexible than on say TBR where Kosh and Jackal were always on defense and Missionary was on offense.

Anyway my 10 all around fav. (best?) list in order:
Hellraiser
Labrat
Exit
Shortbus
St.John
Havoc
Ohmz
Nimrook
Stealth (sometimes :roll: )
WeaponX

Lonthu
X Member

Post by Lonthu »

Spongebob was a great defenseman, as was labrat and EFR Qball
My 10 best:
Lab
Hell
exit
Bus
St.John
Benoit
weedman
ohmz
Nimrook
Wx

Stealth/Cutey

Stealth was a fantastic player...here. (North America). Unlike say a Wx, Benoit, or Hell, he didn't handle the slower g_speed on the euro servers. Cutey had all of the raw skills to be in the top 5, however since so many wouldn't play with her, her score falls down on team play.

Benoit wrote:I think Shortbus was a better fragger than Weedman honestly. Weed was a better dueler because he timed armor respawns. But dont get me wrong...both excellent fraggers. I feel Gino ended up being better than both of them a bit later in EF once he mastered movement.

Capper wise, I would take Hell and St. anyday any map. St. wasnt blazing but he got it done and both could fight thier way if they had to. I think X's best asset was that almost anyone could cap. Veritoff, Static, Weapon, Boom, myself, Rock, Seether of course...the list is long. Cow and Stealth were similarly skilled I guess but both had voy2 syndrome. I'm not sure I would take either of them on any other map. Cheezer from OO/oE always impressed me too.

Defense wise I think there were plenty of good ones. But the ones that were best while leaving armor and stuff for their teamates: ProfX, Shortbus, Havoc. And again, in X most of our offensive players could play excellent defense as well. The most important part of defense is not dieing and these guys were ALWAYS in the right position.

I think it was a real advantage that X had 5 guys who could all be rocking on offense or defense depending on the situation. It's a lot more flexible than on say TBR where Kosh and Jackal were always on defense and Missionary was on offense.

Anyway my 10 all around fav. (best?) list in order:
Hellraiser
Labrat
Exit
Shortbus
St.John
Havoc
Ohmz
Nimrook
Stealth (sometimes :roll: )
WeaponX
Last edited by Lonthu on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

Completely forgot about QBall :shock: I would put Lab more as a mid although he could play fantastic D too. I've seen him cap also...just all around awesome.

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

LOL Splat I just realized 8 of those 10 all played for (X) at some point.

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

My top 10 could take any of your top 10.

RacerX
Deathbrigade
Stevenator
Nermil
Seether
Ginodahitman
Yardbrowny
St.john
CircleofNone
Null

GaNgSTaR

Post by GaNgSTaR »

I swear we all should get some games in or something. Who do I have to kill to get a 5v5 or something going? Or even a 6v6? Mix up the teams even (F clan status), just a mix of X, SEA, and XF and see if we can even it out so that no one can score :D
I still pwn a very large piece of your @$$

HoffenKill

Post by HoffenKill »

BUS IS GHEY & KWAN IS A JERK.

Resume discussions.

GaNgSTaR

Post by GaNgSTaR »

Well, if your around. Should be a few of us on the XF server this Sunday about 1PM or so. :) That's EST.
I still pwn a very large piece of your @$$

FrOHiKE[FrO]
X Member

Post by FrOHiKE[FrO] »

Can't forget.....Most sexy: FroHike 8)

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

FrO was the man. I remember him owning everyone and "lol"ing every single time. He didn't even realize what he was starting :D

Lonthu
X Member

Post by Lonthu »

Actually, Fro needs to be up there with the great pure fraggers of all time.
Hehe I remember talking to Wx about Fro just after playing with them on ctf_kln1. Wx said something like "I think X is going to pick up Frohike"; and I said "man u just got the last unattached (no clan) super player in EF. 8)
WeaponX wrote:FrO was the man. I remember him owning everyone and "lol"ing every single time. He didn't even realize what he was starting :D

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

Are there any conversations you dont remember Lonthu??? lol :roll: :wink: