Busy

The game that gave birth to the X Clan, yo mama jokes, and nacho fever back in November of 2000!

Moderator: Moderators

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

The problem with AKA was that they had 3 people starting who should not have been: Showdown, Chaos, Avenger. Put in Scrap, St., Weedman and add that to Lab and Havok and you have one of the best 5 players on one team. Of course (X) over the years could have several 5-man combos that were pretty unstoppable. I still think Nimrook is an X!
but he isn't locking down the St / Nimrook capping express
LOL. The way Hellraiser caps is my ideal capper (St and Nimrook fit this as well, maybe even better). Someone who can fight his way to the flag and back yet still can do all the silly cap moves is so much more valuable. First reason being against any good team, they'll easily stop someone going full speed at the flag trying to do "moves" all the time. I remember when Static played D for us vs. S31 he just sat on the center bunker and picked them off as they came out of the trenches and into their wallslides up the front bunkers and LOL'd after every one. Second reason being there will be several points in a game where both teams have the flag and we need fraggers on offense to return the flag or when the defense is overwhelmed you need someone to get things back under control. This is why having a St or Hellraiser instead of a Avenger or Ultimatewarrior (lol) is so much of an advantage.

You mentioned the people who weren't great duelers but who had a certain awareness that made them valuable. I guess I probably fit into that category. Of the hundreds of times I dueled Hellraiser I think I may have beaten him twice (in a row mind you and he wasnt quite 100%). I think all good players at least show a certain level of proficiency at dueling, but there's also a ton of just timing armor and powerup spawns. Hellraiser and Labrat were the only two who would let you have your powerups and still own you.

I would submit that there were tons of players who were good/excellent duelers but who weren't very good in a team game (because of quick caps and powerup hogging that you cant do in a 5v5). Examples include Matrix, Mayhem, QT (seemed like everytime she played X she was last on her team in points), Species, and Ultimatewarrior.

PS: I was there when (X)BuntCookies capped.

EXcorcist
X Member

Post by EXcorcist »

I probably fit into the group of people who werent great duelers, but had an awareness.... but it has been so long since I have played that I dont really remember much...

I always loved playing in matches with SEA and X. It was so much fun being on the team that owned everyone! :-)
HellRaiser wrote:fair enough... ... you win.

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

EXcorcist wrote: I always loved playing in matches with SEA and X. It was so much fun being on the team that owned everyone! :-)
I hated playing with SEA / X teams...always seemed as if they were slowing me down! hehe

GaNgSTaR

Post by GaNgSTaR »

Lonthu wrote:......After that SEA match there never again should have been speculation about who was better, X or aKa. Let me add that aKa DID have some great players; enough to be great without lab, including weedman, maybe the best pure fragger ( along with exit) of all time. St.John who is one of the most intelligent players I ever saw, and scrap (wasn't he really weedman, lmao), another fragging phenom. 3 ef legends and they RODE THE BENCH! :roll: Havok had a great understanding of tactics and strategy, but I don't have a clue as to his assessment of personnel...an area where Wx by the way, was unequalled. :wink:

I have brought this all up before..but MAN..that whole situation was beyond my understanding.
Weapon is great. That's why that All Star game (that never actually finished), I picked his EFR first. :lol:
Just some how Exit managed to get like EVERYONE ELSE. Bastard :)

I'm seeing that EF is pretty much a dead horse now though. I've only been not playing for about a month or 2, and the servers are pretty dead. Had to get a few XF guys on the other day to play cause no one else seems to be. :(
WTF happened in the last 2 months for it to die so quickly? I moved in December and POOF no more EF. NOoooOOooo. :(
I still pwn a very large piece of your @$$

Lonthu
X Member

Post by Lonthu »

Hehe don't sell exit short. He doesn't always get all of the "press" of a lab or a Hell, but his understanding of the game is superb, he knows personnel, and he is certainly in the top ten of all time.

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

I haven't even had EF installed in over a year lol :D So I don't know what happened to the community. I miss EF every day though.

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

I was pretty good when I had an <10ms ping lol

Lonthu
X Member

Post by Lonthu »

Benoit wrote:I was pretty good when I had an <10ms ping lol
hehe you were pretty good with any ping.

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

lol I hated playing against you when ya had a < 10 ping...seriously hated it!

EXcorcist
X Member

Post by EXcorcist »

[SEA]KwanDuw wrote:
I remember when I had a ping like that... it ruled! lol!

I think the servers that EFL/EFX used were located here in Dallas. :twisted:
HellRaiser wrote:fair enough... ... you win.

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

[SEA]KwanDuw wrote:
lol

I couldnt hide under an alias either b/c everyone knew it was me :?

The fun part was when people would say I suck but just had a good ping. Luka did that once and challenged me to a duel somewhere I didnt ping so well. In fact, I think Luka takes the cake for most times challenging me when he didnt know who I was. lol

HoffenKill

Post by HoffenKill »

Hey hey buttholes 8)
I see you added another since we last met Jim lol. I can't criticize as my wife and I just had another kid, this past January. But 2 is it, no more!

Whats this EF you all speak of :P

Boom
Site Admin

Post by Boom »

Does that say TE in your sig? haha :P

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

TE Micro!

[SEA]KwanDuw
X Member

Post by [SEA]KwanDuw »

HoffenKill wrote: I can't criticize as my wife and I just had another kid, this past January. But 2 is it, no more!
congrats ya jerk! :roll: :wink: