City Game Tracker Integration Bug Thread

Use this forum to report bugs, request new features and bag on WeaponX because the history page isn't done yet.

Moderator: Moderators

Frost
Site Admin

City Game Tracker Integration Bug Thread

Post by Frost »

Ok, I just pushed the City Game Tracker Integration changes live. You can now update your member list entry on the site here with information from City Game Tracker.

To set it up, go to your Edit Member Profile section, find the "City Game Tracker Integration" Heading and enter your CGT username in the field and click Add.

NOTE: Linking your accounts will REMOVE all characters that you have added manually to the X Site member list. You have been warned.

It'll link your accounts from there on out.

If you want to unlink them, just go back to your Edit Member Profile section and click the "Unlink Accounts" thing next to your City Game Tracker username.

I'm syncing the database here with the CGT info, so if you unlink your X account from the City Game Tracker account you get to keep all of the character information from City Game Tracker to build on.

Still a couple things on the to-do list. If you link with CGT, you lose the ability to add an image for your character. I'm working on that and it should be fixed ASAP. Also need to write a help page on setting up CGT and all that, but that's kinda low priority at this point.

Note that in order for your powersets to register in CGT, you need to have used at least one power from each of your pools (primary, secondary, epic) while the program was running.

If you encounter any weirdness with the site related to the member list, post your bugs here with as complete of a description as you can manage and I'll track them down.

Frost
Site Admin

Post by Frost »

If one of your characters doesn't transfer over, I need their name, AT and what their primary, secondary and epic powersets are

Doctor Dude
X Member

Post by Doctor Dude »

Not a bug, but a question. I have set up an account and started loading up character info on CGT, but I do not see that it is picking up epic. I haven't yet tried to transfer data. Does it pick up epic? If not and you manually edit epic on the site, will thta get wiped out whenever info is reupdated?

Frost
Site Admin

Post by Frost »

You need to use a power from the epic pool in order for it to pick it up. Like turn on your armor or shoot somebody with a blast.

Doctor Dude
X Member

Post by Doctor Dude »

Frost wrote:You need to use a power from the epic pool in order for it to pick it up. Like turn on your armor or shoot somebody with a blast.
I thought I had done that, but will try again.

Frost
Site Admin

Post by Frost »

And no, due to how they sync works between the sites, you can't edit your character data.

Make sure you wait for the update before you check. CGT updates every minute by default.

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

Frost wrote:You need to use a power from the epic pool in order for it to pick it up. Like turn on your armor or shoot somebody with a blast.
You mean ANCILLARY pool :roll:

Frost
Site Admin

Post by Frost »

It's epic dammit!

Much easier to spell.

Doctor Dude
X Member

Post by Doctor Dude »

Frost wrote:It's epic dangit!

Much easier to spell.
Figured out I was looking at the character Summary screen and it doesn't show there. When I click though the character detail, I can see the EPIC pool there.

Will try to link it to the website today.

Frost
Site Admin

Post by Frost »

This probably shouldn't really affect anyone, but I just halfway broke the City Game Tracker automatic updates.

I was in the process of trying to fix the white border around the Hero/Villain icon that shows up in Internet Explorer and I copied an older version of the profile page up which pre-dated the CGT thing. So if you're looking at a profile page, it won't make sure that information is synced up with CGT. Good thing I decided to store a copy of the CGT information in the site database instead of using the information direct from CGT.

Anyway, it'll be fixed and updating again when I get home.

Mr E-Man
Location: South Jersey Coast of Freedom - near the Boardwalk!

Post by Mr E-Man »

Any update on getting the character pictures linked again?
CoH: Mr E-Man~Energy Arc~IG-2112MD~Slayer Faith~Master TimeLord~Mr E-Being
CoV: Mr E-Villain~Dark Willow~Cold Satisfaction~Mr E-Mech~Mr E-Lectric

Frost
Site Admin

Post by Frost »

I'll get to it...

I'm going through and basically recoding the site (because I have no idea why I did it the way I did ;) ). So far I'm just messing around with the administrative things, like posting/approving news stories and such.

I have some things I want to do in the gallery and the profile pages once I get down to that point.

Doctor Dude
X Member

Post by Doctor Dude »

Member profile not showing Sonic Attack for Villain Primary. CGT has it, so I know its not an issue of not using a pwoer from the set while Hero Stats is running.

Frost
Site Admin

Post by Frost »

I'll look into that one. It's probably a missmatch between what I'm calling it here and what they're calling it there.

Frost
Site Admin

Post by Frost »

Which it was. It's Sonic Attacks on CGT and I was using Sonic Blast, which I swear is what it's being called in game...but...whatever.