Oh Boy!!!!!

Got a computer problem? Want to brag about your sexy machine? Anything technology related.

Moderator: Moderators

Dash_Sixxkiller

Oh Boy!!!!!

Post by Dash_Sixxkiller »

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/topi ... l=en&cs=19[/url]

This is the pc that work just let me take home today. :P

The only thing wrong with it is that it has a couple of blown capacitors own the mother board. I am hoping that i can replace them and bring this 6 yr old beast back to life.... If not I'll just go to NEW EGG and find another mother board.

Soon I'll get to enjoy the game without the lag and without playing on my laptop
:mrgreen:

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
Albert Einstein

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

But lag is where it's at :\

Dash_Sixxkiller

Yea i know but it doesn't help matters that i am using wireless either. Besides did you see it.
FREE,FREE,FREE,FREE. :D :D :D. All i got to do is either replace the mother board or try and fix the blown caps, if i can get it running who cares about the lag, I just want to run the game in something other than low because the attention to detail in the buildings and the surroundings are outstanding by far the best I have seen from Bioware. I can get buy with the lag its just a little cumber-sum. Cause so far I have noticed every place i go to is absolutely huge. I mean How big is this game really? every class has its own story line light and dark side? I know this is a novel but I got excited a little bit. I

Albert Einstein

Boom
Site Admin

Post by Boom »

That's a pretty sweet deal. What would cause the capacitors to blow though? Could it be power supply? :p or simply bad MB..

Either way, that PC would smoke mine :?

Dash_Sixxkiller

I dont know so i been doing some research on on it and it seems that the xps 600 is well known for going bad after 5 or six years same problem blown caps the same ones. The sad news is that some people say that you cannot replace the motherboard with any other mother board that it want fit or something like that then i read where some one said you can use this mother board asus P5N-D sli. So I am going to try and fix the blown cap and hope that works if not i guess i am going to have to buy a new case. Leave it to DELL to make something that can only use DELL PARTS cheap bastards

Albert Einstein

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

Dash_Sixxkiller wrote:I dont know so i been doing some research on on it and it seems that the xps 600 is well known for going bad after 5 or six years same problem blown caps the same ones. The sad news is that some people say that you cannot replace the motherboard with any other mother board that it want fit or something like that then i read where some one said you can use this mother board asus P5N-D sli. So I am going to try and fix the blown cap and hope that works if not i guess i am going to have to buy a new case. Leave it to DELL to make something that can only use DELL PARTS cheap bastards
Dell isn't the only one. My father dropped a HP here with bad caps and no mobo can fit it so it would be a case purchase as well or spend time soldering hoping replacing caps would work. But it wasn't even his newest machine. He had it as a spare so everyone else who visited would stay off his machine.

If I got it to run, I would probably just have it power my MAME arcade cabinet because that's the only machine less powerful than that one. lol

Dash_Sixxkiller

I may just gut it use what i can build from their.

Albert Einstein

Veritoff
X Member

Post by Veritoff »

But lag is where it's at :\
My laptop seems to welcome the lag when I get near any major city. I feel like my character is doing zig zags and circles when going from point A to B.

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

I get an average of 9 FPS in War Zones and Ilum with a 2-3 seconds ability delay and 2 minute loading screens. I also get your zig zag effect, only in Warzones and world pvp though. It looks like players are blinking everywhere instead of running.

We the people suffer as Weapon and Spot Lannister sit on there thrones, telling everyone the FPS is gonna trickle down on the rest of us.

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

LOL

We are the 1% 8)

Benoit
X Member

Post by Benoit »

My computer should be able to handle it. Especially if I upgrade the GPU. I have an i7 proc and 8 GB of RAM...should be good, right?

Dash_Sixxkiller

I am so glad that i am not the only one seeing this. I got my mouse speed cut down as low as it will go and I also get the zig zag bs some times I have to be careful when i'am by myself I will run through, my comp will get a bunch of mobs chasing us (what an AHOLE) Next thing i know i got a mob on my EFR I panic start hitting the wrong keys the whole time i am staring at the ceiling .... The rest is written in blood. But I am still playing it over a wireless connection I wonder if that could be my problem...

Albert Einstein

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

LOL now would probably be a good time to let some of you know about our language filter on the site. We tried to have fun with it... so a$$ translates to EFR which was an old guild that we were rivals against. We figured it was fitting...

Dash_Sixxkiller

Good to know about the EFR LOL .
I have an HP PRO book 4720s and i get lag like you guys. I have co workers with the exact laptop playing star wars that also experience this lag. So today at lunch we did video options full screen and lowered our resolution until the lag went away.
PROS No lag
CONS Graphics may suffer a little but it is playable

ALSO
IF you do a CTRL/SHIFT/F this will show u the frames per second on the bottom left hand corner of your screen. HOPE this helps.

Albert Einstein

Veritoff
X Member

Post by Veritoff »

Dash_Sixxkiller wrote:Good to know about the EFR LOL .
I have an HP PRO book 4720s and i get lag like you guys. I have co workers with the exact laptop playing star wars that also experience this lag. So today at lunch we did video options full screen and lowered our resolution until the lag went away.
PROS No lag
CONS Graphics may suffer a little but it is playable

ALSO
IF you do a CTRL/SHIFT/F this will show u the frames per second on the bottom left hand corner of your screen. HOPE this helps.
That is what i was noticing. However, I was still expecting my laptop which is only 2 years young, to actually run fine without the quick fixes. I put a nice chunk of change into my dell :(