Bout that time

Got a computer problem? Want to brag about your sexy machine? Anything technology related.

Moderator: Moderators

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

Baccarat 4 life (and poker).

http://youtu.be/f1-6lyq0uho?t=4m10s

That guy makes the best documentaries btw.

Dash_Sixxkiller

Post by Dash_Sixxkiller »

If only my luck was that good...

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
Albert Einstein

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

We're writing to inform you that your order 105-0914671-95***** from CircuitCity has been canceled because the item(s) you purchased were out of stock. Please return and place your order again at a later time.

Our sellers strive to minimize canceled orders. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. In most cases, you pay for items when we ship them to you, so you won't be charged for items that are canceled. In some cases (e.g., you use a gift card or your debit card is processed as a PIN-less transaction), you may see a charge for a canceled item. If you are charged for a canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days. If you have any questions regarding the cancelation of this order, please contact CircuitCity.

If you're still interested in this item, please search for it again on Amazon.com.

We've included your order details below for reference. We've also included the URL for the item you purchased if you'd like to try ordering from another seller.

We value you as a customer and hope you will continue shopping on Amazon.com.

==================================================
ORDER DETAILS
==================================================

1 of MSI Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 Video Card
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006X03UYO)

<3

Smarter buy will be the 7950 on Tuesday anyway or this if dips below 500.00 (it was 619.00 a couple weeks ago) since the performance is similar to the 7950 (at stock speeds) but comes with a lifetime warranty.

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

that 580 will eat anything thrown at it. 3gig on board ram ... no way anything even touches that yet.

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

yeah, hoping the price will drop on that card though when the 7950 comes out Tuesday since they have similar performance. The 7950 is 469.00 OC'd with a non reference cooler. EVGA lifetime warranty and Nvidia driver reliability is hard to pass up though unless its for the 7970 but you can't find those(from Asus or MSI). They just charge your debit card then email you a week later saying they don't have it in stock.

Dash_Sixxkiller

580 and 7970 both are beast. personally i would lean towards the warranty side since these cards will be around for a little bit.

Albert Einstein

Dash_Sixxkiller

Albert Einstein

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

Shouldn't I be getting 8k? That's the best Nvidia card on the market. I mean it's a "Classified" version. I heard it was the same graphics card SEAL Team 6 used in the Bin Laden raid yet it fails on the benchmark.

7.5 WI? I should have gotten a i7 like Spot. I overclocked to 4.5 GHz but got scared (this motherboard has an "'automatic" feature that does all the work for you, you just pick the speed). I don't really trust that though.

On the plus side SWTOR loads 8-12 seconds full server from anywhere. I get 100 FPS+ max settings but it's not capped there. PvP literally runs/looks like a new game.

I'll never advocate buying from a boutique like Falcon NW etc again. I'm a complete noob, plugged in 8-10 parts and it was good to go. The huge pain was installing the CPU cooler.

I probably screwed up on the thermal paste cause the 3rd core on the CPU run 8-10 C hotter than the other 3 during load.

I expected more. MOAR

http://youtu.be/DKTA_agCj50

Dash_Sixxkiller

On the plus side SWTOR loads 8-12 seconds full server from anywhere. I get 100 FPS+ max settings but it's not capped there. PvP literally runs/looks like a new game.
100 FPS + MAX Settings bet the game is amazing

Albert Einstein

Veritoff
X Member

Post by Veritoff »

St.John wrote:On the plus side SWTOR loads 8-12 seconds full server from anywhere. I get 100 FPS+ max settings but it's not capped there. PvP literally runs/looks like a new game.
I hate you. Hopefully somewhere down the road I will have some money set aside for a computer. Gaming laptops just don't cut it.

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

One year later...dang what a waste of money. Gaming comp is not worth it unless you game every single day. It's all about Ipad now. X Ipad.
[img:15f1ed8b83]http://i64.tinypic.com/2dukwep.jpg[/img:15f1ed8b83]

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

X ipad LOL..

Yeah what a strange year for games. So many games that I had hopes in. Funny thing is, the game that still has some play in it is a game that most people won't even try. (secret world). I might load up some Starcraft. you have it ST?

Boom
Site Admin

Post by Boom »

WeaponX wrote:...Funny thing is, the game that still has some play in it is a game that most people won't even try. (secret world)...
I still play :cry: :oops: (canceled paid sub though, when it went 'free').
Also.. you can have a pet leet.

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

Lets get some gametime in :D that game was fun and never felt like a grind lol

St.John
Chief of Staff

Post by St.John »

I'll pick up secret world this weekend unless the character creation options is the same as beta. only 22.00 now.
[img:15f1ed8b83]http://i64.tinypic.com/2dukwep.jpg[/img:15f1ed8b83]