Can't believe it!

Have Laser Beams shooting out your eyes? Enjoy dressing up in funny costumes and beating up bad guys (or good guys)? Here's the place to talk about it.

Moderator: Captains: City of Heroes

Skankabelle1

Can't believe it!

Post by Skankabelle1 »

I guess city of heroes ending was the only thing that could get me to log back on to this site lol. I had to make a new account because I think mine was inactive.. but I am so bummed to hear the game is ending.. I am going to miss chatting with.. well like the 3 or 4 people that I still saw regularly lol I am on facebook if anyone wants to add me.

Psartryn
X Member

Post by Psartryn »

Finally, my CoH t-shirt will start to appreciate in Value.

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

It is a shocker. And NCSoft is the company over ArenaNet and GW2. The announcement on the week of GW2 release seems odd.

Link since Skank didn't: http://na.cityofheroes.com/en/news/news ... nk_you.php

Terminotaur
X Member

Post by Terminotaur »

I am shocked by the news too. I always thought that if CoH stopped being profitable that they would stop new development and maybe consolidate some of the servers, but that they would at least let it stay up in some capacity for people that still wanted to play it.

But to just shut everything down seems like a very odd decision. I mean, keeping a server or two running can't be *that* expensive.

I suppose it is still possible that another company could come in and buy it and keep things going. But I'm not counting on it. I will say that it was fun for all the years that it lasted though. If somehow the game manages to stay up, I intend to keep playing it.

Scooby Doo
X Member

Post by Scooby Doo »

Wow. Having moved on to Champions a while back, I haven't played CoX in a while, but I never thought the original would go away- that it would be there waiting for me when I got the itch to hit Paragon City up for another 50 levels of fun.

Perhaps there's a CoX2 somewhere on the horizon...we can always hope.
Wassy wrote:I would do Frost and Scooby purely for its high torture factor.

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

Wow that's crazy. Wonder if someone will pick up the game and put up a private server?

Darrk Waver
X Member

Post by Darrk Waver »

There are lots of rumors flying around but who knows if another studio will pick up the game. CoH was still my main game and it feels odd to think its days are numbered.
32 Level 50's and counting...

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

How the studio had a job fair inviting over studios to attend to hire the Paragon Studios people, I doubt they will be picked up now. Taco posted on the Cryptic boards they were one of the studios in attendance at the job fair to hire Paragon people. He said he hopes they grab a few of the CoX devs since they worked with some before. Hardly made it sound like that band will be together.