City Of Heroes F2P

Have Laser Beams shooting out your eyes? Enjoy dressing up in funny costumes and beating up bad guys (or good guys)? Here's the place to talk about it.

Moderator: Captains: City of Heroes

Darrk Waver
X Member

City Of Heroes F2P

Post by Darrk Waver »

City of Heroes Freedom™, launching later this year, will be the new name for the award-winning super-powered massively multiplayer online game, City of Heroes®. City of Heroes Freedom redefines City of Heroes based on the cornerstones of content, rewards, and choice. With City of Heroes Freedom, you will get the freedom to play and pay as you choose. Join the future of City of Heroes in City of Heroes Freedom. Freedom is the future!

http://www.cityofheroes.com/news/freedo ... rview.html
32 Level 50's and counting...

IceOnix
X Member

Post by IceOnix »

Meh. If this is anything like when Champions went free to play, I won't have access to all the stuff I previously earned with my account, including the characters I put alllll those hours into.

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

IceOnix wrote:Meh. If this is anything like when Champions went free to play, I won't have access to all the stuff I previously earned with my account, including the characters I put alllll those hours into.
Wow... that would be really cheap

Psartryn
X Member

Post by Psartryn »

F2p games end up costing more than the regular ones...that's what I would say if I was a forum troll.

Boom
Site Admin

Post by Boom »

If you were a forum troll, you would have more than 7072 posts! :)

and cool @ f2p ;) ... I think. Hopefully it doesn't hose the regular subscribers.

Darrk Waver
X Member

Post by Darrk Waver »

IceOnix wrote:Meh. If this is anything like when Champions went free to play, I won't have access to all the stuff I previously earned with my account, including the characters I put alllll those hours into.
Actually they have said former players will retain anything they have purchased or earned via Vet Rewards, plus receive more toon tokens than the default two based on the amount of time you previously played. This means you can unlock your existing toons or create new ones.
32 Level 50's and counting...

IceOnix
X Member

Post by IceOnix »

I got a 15-day "come back to us and play!" trial in an email today. I will probably reinstall and give it a whirl for a couple days.