Issue 16 Information

Have Laser Beams shooting out your eyes? Enjoy dressing up in funny costumes and beating up bad guys (or good guys)? Here's the place to talk about it.

Moderator: Captains: City of Heroes

Darrk Waver
X Member

Issue 16 Information

Post by Darrk Waver »

Posi has confirmed Issue 16 is not Going Rouge, but instead posts two screen shots giving a hint of what's to come. Two versions of rikti monkies or something similar.

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat ... =0&fpart=1
Last edited by Darrk Waver on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
32 Level 50's and counting...

Scooby Doo
X Member

Post by Scooby Doo »

Power customization is coming in I16. :D

Right click on the pictures and select properties. Look at the file names.

Purple Fire Control and Blue Fire Dominator.
Wassy wrote:I would do Frost and Scooby purely for its high torture factor.

Darrk Waver
X Member

Post by Darrk Waver »

If that is true then... OMG! green fire, green fire, green fire!

IceOnix
X Member

Post by IceOnix »

Those "monkies" are fire imps. Hmm.. maybe I can get black ice on my dominator.

Scooby Doo
X Member

Post by Scooby Doo »

I'm waiting for the brown poo monkies!

Darrk Waver
X Member

Overview

Post by Darrk Waver »

Issue 16 information:

City of Heroes' latest offering, Issue 16: Power Spectrum, forever changes the way all super powered beings will look at their powers. Now, changing the colors of your powers is as easy as changing the colors of your cape!

At last, our next free content update unveils the all new, much requested and long awaited Powers Customization system! You wanted more control over what your characters' powers look like, and you are getting it! Issue 16: Power Spectrum takes City of Heroes' unparalleled character creator to the next level by unveiling a kaleidoscope of colors for your characters' powers. Become your own pyrotechnician as you select themes for your characters' powers and color coordinate the hues of the power effects.

New Character Creator

Not only does the newly updated Character Creator allow players to jump directly between Archetype, Powersets, Costumes and Character ID in any order without losing progress, but it also allows you to select your colors and theme for each individual power or apply it to the entire powerset. These themes will allow for color tinting of geometry and particle effects such as energy blast colors and force field colors. The primary and secondary colors of any power effect can be changed individually for each power in the set.

Customizable Powers

Customizable powersets include Cold Domination, Dark Armor, Dark Blast, Dark Melee, Dark Miasma, Earth Control, Earth Melee, Electric Armor, Electric Assault, Electric Blast, Electric Melee, Electricity Manipulation, Empathy, Energy Assault, Energy Aura, Energy Blast, Energy Manipulation, Energy Melee, Fiery Aura, Fire Assault, Fire Blast, Fire Control, Fire Manipulation, Fire Melee, Force Field, Gravity Control, Ice Armor, Ice Assault, Ice Blast, Ice Control, Ice Manipulation, Ice Melee, Illusion, Invulnerability, Kinetics, Mental Manipulation, Mind Control, Necromancy, Plant Control, Psionic Assault, Psychic Blast, Radiation Blast, Radiation Emission, Regeneration, Sonic Resonance, Sonic Blast, Spines, Stone Armor, Storm Summoning, Super Reflexes, Thermal Radiation, Thorny Assault and Willpower.

Super Strength and Martial Arts will each receive an alternate animation for their powers, and Stone Armor and Necromancy will include limited customization.

Other Issue 16 Features

Powerset Proliferation - More powersets are now in the hands of Archetypes who couldn't use them previously! Blasters will have access to Radiation Blast, Brutes will get their Claws on, Controllers can now freeze it up with Cold Domination, and Corruptors get to feel the "twang" of Archery and Trick Arrow. Defenders can go high-tech with Assault Rifle and Traps, and Dominators can pulverize their enemies with Earth Assault. Masterminds heat things up with Thermal Radiation, Scrappers and Tankers get ready to fry their foes with Electric Melee and Electric Armor, and finally Stalkers get to swing their own mighty Broadsword.

Enhanced Difficulty Options - Players can now fine-tune their difficulty levels by telling the game exactly how they want to be treated. They can choose to be regarded as a specific size team (even if they are soloing), and even have control over the level they are detected to be when it comes to the dynamic spawn system. So if you ever wanted to see if your Scrapper could take on a map that is populated for an 8 person team, four levels higher than your own, now you can! The difficulty settings of the mission owner dictate how the mission is handled, just as before, and you can change your difficulty settings at any Hero Corp.'s Representative in Paragon City or Fateweaver in the Rogue Isles.

Other features to be announced.

http://www.cityofheroes.com/news/game_u ... rview.html

Cold Embracer
X Member

Post by Cold Embracer »

zzzzzzz

DarkPowers
X Member

Post by DarkPowers »

I'll hold judgment until the "other features" are shown.

Darrk Waver
X Member

Post by Darrk Waver »

They also announced two new powersets for Going Rouge, duel pistols and demon summoning (MM).

IceOnix
X Member

Post by IceOnix »

So is I16 coming about at the same time as Going Rogue? Or will they be separate launches? I know when CoV launched CoH got a corresponding Issue.

Darrk Waver
X Member

Post by Darrk Waver »

IceOnix wrote:So is I16 coming about at the same time as Going Rogue? Or will they be separate launches? I know when CoV launched CoH got a corresponding Issue.
It doesn't sound like Issue 16 is coming out at the same time as Going Rouge. Here is what BaB's said when asked about the timing:
Lemme see if I can clear this up.
  • Issue 15 will be released before Issue 16.
  • Issue 16 will be the issue coming out after Issue 15.
  • Issue 16 is not the "Going Rogue" expansion.
  • Issue 16 will be released before the "Going Rogue" expansion.
  • The "Going Rogue" expansion will not be coming out as the next issue after Issue 15.
  • The "Going Rogue" expansion will not be coming out between Issues 15 and 16.
  • The "Going Rogue" expansion will not be coming out at the same time or before Issue 16.
  • The "Going Rogue" expansion will be coming out sometime after 16.
  • Issue 16 and the "Going Rogue" expansion are not related to each other in any meaningful way.
So if your head hasn't exploded by now, Going Rouge will not be rolled out at the same time as Issue 16. :shock:

Hell Jumper
X Member

Post by Hell Jumper »

Woo Hoo, Blue Frosty... Blue Ice Bolts and Ice Blast... Purple Blizzard (why purple you ask? I dont know.. why not?
:lol:

Darrk Waver
X Member

Post by Darrk Waver »

Issue 16 closed beta started today.

Scooby Doo
X Member

Post by Scooby Doo »

And me without my galoshes.

Darrk Waver
X Member

Post by Darrk Waver »

I swear it's a plot to keep me from testing a respec for two toons. First the copy tool is down, next the test server is down, copy tool back down again, and now closed beta! Arrrrrg.