All Purpose "Guide to" for CoX

Have Laser Beams shooting out your eyes? Enjoy dressing up in funny costumes and beating up bad guys (or good guys)? Here's the place to talk about it.

Moderator: Captains: City of Heroes

Doctor Dude
X Member

All Purpose "Guide to" for CoX

Post by Doctor Dude »

originally posted here

I thought I'd sticky this isn the Tutorial section before it eventually gets lost....
Mr E-Man wrote:I wanted to first welcome everyone back!

And based on a question from Ben last night, I thought it would be helpful to post some links for various info sites & DL's for everyone.

Character Builders

Mid's Hero Planner: An IO compatible, rocking good planner. You can even tell it if you have accolades and such to factor into HP regen and End Recovery metrics!
CoH/V Character Builder: This is a download - very nice & the person that took over has been updating everything on a continuous basis, so make sure to check for upgrades periodically
CoH/V Online Planner: Not as feature rich as the downloaded version, but nothing needs to be DL'd to use it

Story Arc/Task Force/Strike Force/Contact Info

Red Tomax's Guide to City of Heroes
Dread Tomax's Guide to City of Villains
CoV Contact Guide: includes requirements for unlockable contacts

Badges/Maps/Stats

City Information Terminal
Badge-Hunter
Vidiot Maps: also has the in game map patch
HeroStats: in game stats - also links to CiT, Badge-Hunter & CGT to update your stats & badges
City Game Tracker: site is currently down, but has online char info & also has a program that can be used to link to the badge tracking sites

Downloads

The CiT Settitle Bind Exe File
Gnarly's Speed on Demand 2.7 zip file

I'm sure I missed some stuff, if anyone else wants to add to this, please do so.
How to change your in-game font

List of good binds

Doctor Dude
X Member

Post by Doctor Dude »

Edited to add Mid's to the list above.

Terminotaur
X Member

Post by Terminotaur »

Very nice. Thank you for posting that. I had forgotten about some of those links.

The Ninja
X Member

Post by The Ninja »

This is bogus.

Thanks DD. :D

Doctor Dude
X Member

Post by Doctor Dude »

Just bumping this thread, since I've seen talk of changing fonts and speed on demand binds in global recently and a lot of people are coming back after having been out for a bit....