Bubbles Sloting

Have Laser Beams shooting out your eyes? Enjoy dressing up in funny costumes and beating up bad guys (or good guys)? Here's the place to talk about it.

Moderator: Captains: City of Heroes

WeaponX
X Member

Bubbles Sloting

Post by WeaponX »

Can someone who has bubbles (who has gone through ED) help me with slotting and power selection? My MM is a FF/Robotics and i'm trying to figure out which powers are good to take as well as slotting suggestions. I haven't even had a chance to look into ED at all and how I should re-slot any of my characters yet but i'd like to try and get it right with my MM :)

Thanks for your help!

WeaponX
X Member

Post by WeaponX »

oh come on :D one of you jerks gotta have some advice for a bubble noob.

Mr E-Man
Location: South Jersey Coast of Freedom - near the Boardwalk!

Post by Mr E-Man »

The extent of my bubble knowledge can be summed up in one statement:

Bazooka is better than Double Bubble.
CoH: Mr E-Man~Energy Arc~IG-2112MD~Slayer Faith~Master TimeLord~Mr E-Being
CoV: Mr E-Villain~Dark Willow~Cold Satisfaction~Mr E-Mech~Mr E-Lectric

Doctor Dude
X Member

Post by Doctor Dude »

Check with Termi. My bubbles blow...

Terminotaur
X Member

Post by Terminotaur »

The problem with ED is that any more then 3 of the same kind of enhancement gets dramatically degraded in usefulness. For example -

Deflection shield with defense SO enhancements:

1 SO = 20% increase
2 SOs = 40% increase
3 SOs = 55% increase
4 SOs = 59% increase
5 SOs = 63% increase
6 SOs = 67% increase

Therefore, my suggestion for Deflection Shield, Insulation Shield and Dispersion Bubble slotting is 3 defense, 1 end reduction. If you have extra slots, then go ahead and use them for defense, but don't expect a noticable improvement. Personally, I left my bubble defender with 6-slotted bubbles, but only because I have nowhere better to put the slots.

Darrk Waver
X Member

Post by Darrk Waver »

Terminotaur wrote:The problem with ED is that any more then 3 of the same kind of enhancement gets dramatically degraded in usefulness.
PZ, that basically sums up ED. No more having to figure out the best build when you are limited to three enhancements of the same kind on any one power. So now you can toss in some end reduction, maybe a recharge and let the good times roll.

Terminotaur
X Member

Post by Terminotaur »

No need for a recharge on deflection shield or insulation shield. They both pretty much instantly recharge anyway. Personal Force Field and Dispersion Bubble could use probably each use one though. If you get mezzed, its nice to have those available as soon as it wears off.

Darrk Waver
X Member

Post by Darrk Waver »

Well, I wasn't saying you needed to add those enhancements to those specific powers, I was just making an overall comment of how ED has made our life better so we can use all sorts of enhancements now. Wow, life is good. :twisted:

Scooby Doo
X Member

Post by Scooby Doo »

DarkWaver wrote:Well, I wasn't saying you needed to add those enhancements to those specific powers, I was just making an overall comment of how ED has made our life better so we can use all sorts of enhancements now. Wow, life is good. :twisted:
Until you consider the fact that we now do less damage, take more damage, and just plain get hit more often. :P

Then again, my Bubble Defender (upper 30s, I think-he's on my secondary account which I haven't re-activated yet) can take some slots out of his bubbles and maybe have an attack or two now since there's no point in 6 slotting everything any more.
Wassy wrote:I would do Frost and Scooby purely for its high torture factor.

Unfamiliar
X Member

Post by Unfamiliar »

I'm going to admit a guilty secret...
<_<
>_>
I actually like ED. I've always wanted to add different ENH to my powers. But, as a Blaster, I felt "guilty" if I didn't DMG to the max, because I wouldn't be as "useful".

I've been told I should seek help. But, I'm confortable with myself. Really, I am!

Mr E-Man
Location: South Jersey Coast of Freedom - near the Boardwalk!

Post by Mr E-Man »

Unfamiliar wrote:I'm going to admit a guilty secret...
<_<
>_>
I actually like ED. I've always wanted to add different ENH to my powers. But, as a Blaster, I felt "guilty" if I didn't DMG to the max, because I wouldn't be as "useful".

I've been told I should seek help. But, I'm confortable with myself. Really, I am!
I don't have a problem with the overall idea of ED, but I do have problems with the way we were lied to & the way it was implemented. And despite what was later said, it was going to hit live without ever hitting the training room.

Also, as mentioned by many others, powers that can only take one type of enhancement need to be looked at.
CoH: Mr E-Man~Energy Arc~IG-2112MD~Slayer Faith~Master TimeLord~Mr E-Being
CoV: Mr E-Villain~Dark Willow~Cold Satisfaction~Mr E-Mech~Mr E-Lectric

Darrk Waver
X Member

Post by Darrk Waver »

Scooby_doo wrote: Until you consider the fact that we now do less damage, take more damage, and just plain get hit more often. :P
Oh no, the fact we do less damage, take more damage, and get hit more often makes the game even more fun! Didn't you get the memo from States? :twisted:

Scooby Doo
X Member

Post by Scooby Doo »

States and I don't talk much any more. Not since early CoV Beta. :roll:

I especially like the quote he put on his card for the CCG that came in my CoV box: "Paragon City needs new heroes."

Duh. With you running around, what would you expect? :P
Wassy wrote:I would do Frost and Scooby purely for its high torture factor.

Doctor Dude
X Member

Post by Doctor Dude »

I'm not saying that ED didn't suck, for some classes much more than others, but aren't we past the point of discussing how much it sucks? I thought we were back to "Let's have fun playing a game with our friends."

I'm just saying is all I'm saying....

Frost
Site Admin

Post by Frost »

I'm not entirely sure we're ever going to get past the "how much it sucks" discussion.

We can be in both places at once.